• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Co2 user needs help please

peterh

Seedling
Hi, new to Co2 but not fish-keeping, looking to transform my 220l tank into a planted aquarium with a few shoals of fish.

Was planning on buying the JBL m603 with the Ph Controller as I assumed it would be the best set-up but after reading many reviews on the equipment I have been put off the kit.

The more I read the more im getting confused by different equipment everyone recommends, I appreciate different things work for different people etc.

Would really appreciate it if someone could advise of either a full system to buy of a full set-up, price wise im looking of up to £300, less if possible.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

You don't need that much :)

Dual-gauge regulator from eBay ~£45
2kg CO2 fire extinguisher from eBay ~£25
Inline atomiser (assuming you're using an external filter?) from eBay ~£20 or in-tank one for £10 or so
4dkh drop checker (~£20 or so from eBay/UK shops including 4dkh water and bromo blue indicator fluid)
Bubble counter for the CO2 ~£10 or so

Job done.

Is there any particular make of products recommended or just any on eBay?

peterh said:
Is there any particular make of products recommended or just any on eBay?
Some of this sites sponsors sell CO2 regulators. Tad more expensive than Ebay, but most likely are better quality and will arrive quicker than 3-5 weeks from HongKong.

I got my regulator from CO2supermarket and is HSL brand (also available Ebay from Hong Kong) and works fine.

Back