• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plants Banned

Busyboy

Seedling
Hi was wondering if anyone can help. I have been to buy some new plants for my tank today and have been advised that all none potted plants imported to the UK have been banned due to an outbreak in whitefly and that only potted plants are available to purchase now. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this or if this is just my local supplier trying to get more money out of selling potted plants.

Thanks,

Busyboy said:
Hi was wondering if anyone can help. I have been to buy some new plants for my tank today and have been advised that all none potted plants imported to the UK have been banned due to an outbreak in whitefly and that only potted plants are available to purchase now. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this or if this is just my local supplier trying to get more money out of selling potted plants.

Thanks,

At the chance of shooting myself in the foot it sounds like a load of old tosh. P@H had their usual delivery of stem plants this week as did my other LFS I use.

krazypara3165 said:
tbh, i tried purchasing from an online retailer a few weeks back to hear that a lot of the suppliers for south american species have had bans imposed due to an outbreak...

I understand bans specific to certain origins are in place, but certainly not a blanket ban on everything except potted plants.

I believe it's the anubias bateri family etc. I have a plant dealer that comes over to see me and was telling me about this. I'm gutted because I loves the lowtech beauties!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back