• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 x 55 x 55cm 'On the sea shore'

Mark Evans said:
Thanks guys.

This will be over in a few weeks time, and then onto the next layout. :angelic:

Always look forward to your new scapes with anticipation :)

Antipofish said:
Always look forward to your new scapes with anticipation

Cheers mate. I'm looking forward to the next one, as I'm using stone. My fave hardscape material. I've done a few wood layouts recently, and to be fair, it's not my first choice material. Nor am I all that good with it.

I'll be doing an Iwagumi style, but with plenty of slow growers. Something different to the norm.

Aron_Dip said:
How long do you have them setup before you strip down and re-scape?

In the past, I've completed a layout in 12 weeks, but recently I've taken my time with them. This is nearly 4 months old.

I've learned that lower light intensities, produce a much more stable tank, but things grow slower....a great thing in my book.

As i mentioned, the next layout will be with slow growers, and could see me hit a record in terms of 'tank life span' I'd like a layout that could last a year.

I've got the stones which i bought some time ago, and they really are brutes!

Aron_Dip said:
How long do you have them setup before you strip down and re-scape?

In the past, I've completed a layout in 12 weeks, but recently I've taken my time with them. This is nearly 4 months old.

I've learned that lower light intensities, produce a much more stable tank, but things grow slower....a great thing in my book.

As i mentioned, the next layout will be with slow growers, and could see me hit a record in terms of 'tank life span' I'd like a layout that could last a year.

I've got the stones which i bought some time ago, and they really are brutes![/quote]

Well i look forward to the new birth :thumbup:

LondonDragon said:
All I know is that I want to see this tank at AL haha

I wish I could bring it Paulo. I'm not coming until Saturday due to major work commitments. 8 hours of driving after a full days work makes it impossible.

Live stock also makes it impossible. Catching all of the fish and several hundred shrimp seems bit of a nightmare.

Aron_Dip said:
Well i look forward to the new birth

Cheers Aron. :wave: I look forward to boring everyone with another journal :lol:

Yes! Bore us to death! :)
Trick or treat?
Pumpkin-icon.png

Lovely looking tank Mark, congratulations! Well done on the contest ranking too!
I love the fact that your cabinet has wheels on it, must be great for hoovering underneath and easy relocation.

clonitza said:
Trick or treat?

Treat :D

Matty1983 said:
love the fact that your cabinet has wheels on it, must be great for hoovering underneath and easy relocation.

It does make cleaning etc. much easier. The reason behind the wheels though, is for ease when it comes to taking photographs. I can move the tank away from the wall, and illuminate the rear wall. :thumbup:

Aron_Dip said:
lol im sure it wont be that bad ... and for us new guys a good source of info and tips

I always enjoy documenting via journals. I'll do my best to keep the pics coming :D

hey mark. beautiful tank.

I was just wondering if your honeys had coloured up at all in this tank? Since there's no surface vegetation I cant imagine they'd build a nest?

Time ticks on by, i get busy, the tank keeps on going. It's untidy right now, and a good trim is in need.

Little to no dosing, water change 1 per 2 weeks and everything is just fine.

It wont be too long, and i'll be doing final images.

8232647931_dfca5375a7_b.jpg
untidy by saintly's pics, on Flickr

Looks super healthy mate, the moss looks immense.

Must get down to see it before rescape.

Ian Holdich said:
Looks super healthy mate, the moss looks immense.

Must get down to see it before rescape.

When ever ypu can mate.

Tony Swinney said:
I'm loving the slightly overgrown look, maybe just let it run wild for a few weeks after your final pics

It'll end up looking even wilder I reckon Tony. I've not trimmed much recently, but the moss is in need of a general overhaul.

That's a pretty stunning example of aquatic gardening. It reminds me of a woodland dell...actually one near you in Sherwood Forest, to be specific a place called Black Pool, which is/was full of sphagnum moss, I did some research there a long time ago.

Troi said:
That's a pretty stunning example of aquatic gardening. It reminds me of a woodland dell.

Awww...Thanks mate. That means a lot. It's kinda ironic; the lesser time spent on trimming, the better it looks. (is ironic the correct word even? o_O )

Back