• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

GA in store island theme

viktorlantos

Aquascaper
As the Seiryu tank fallen apart it was time to do something different for the visitors. ;)

So using some ADA Iron Wood, some stem plants and multiple carpeting plants we started a new tank imediatelly.

Reused the Amazonia from the HC tank just added in a 9L bag on the top of it.

I know this is not groundbeaking and not super unique, but wanted someting easier to maintain than the HC field was.

Tank on Nov 7th. Just throwed in some wood which looked weird at the end :D

6326383149_6ae48c5f50_z.jpg
Green Aqua - Showroom by viktorlantos, on Flickr

6327900217_aa779f15a1_z.jpg

Nov 19. Some wood replaced.

6363552703_5e37f990d0_z.jpg

6363553653_c3f2aa9176_z.jpg

6363557701_eea10d4efc_z.jpg

Dec 2nd. Nearly a month old here

6441726271_875e0a6c85_z.jpg

sill need some work and some wood may need to be replaced, but i look forward to see this grow in

;) :thumbup:

Viktor, this is nice tank. I hope you will have less hell with cutting plants in this one.

Aquadream said:
Viktor, this is nice tank. I hope you will have less hell with cutting plants in this one.

Cheers my friend. Yup HC was a nightmare on a long term. Just like a baby to take care of. When i started each day i checked the tank temp to see if this isn't too high :D

At the end when i heard that the temp went above 28 i felt that this is the end.

Can't believe how hard plant it is. Probably super easy in small tank as there the light is closer and with the less water there are less risk for the root release. But the temp..... you just can't keep it in a cold water in a full year. There will be issues with the air conditioning or heating etc. Maybe a dedicated chilller would be the way to go?

I can't believe i turned lower the room heating at home just to take care of this baby :D

But as you said this current tank will be a smooth run now. And helps to fulfill my needs for parvula carpet :D

Gary Nelson said:
Really nice that Viktor... I'd love to have a browse around your place, could be a good trip to get arranged next year!

Thank you :D :thumbup: You're welcome of course to visit us anytime if you're around. It's less like a shop and more like a planted tank exhibition around this time :D

Quick update on this one too.

The carpet become nice and sweet in the past month. I kind of like it how the Parvula, Glosso, and Marsilea blend there. The stems are not trimmed on these images just captured as it is now.

Have some hair algae on the Microsorum, but as i had a longer break from everything i think this is because of the low ph/filter inactivity issue from the soft water changes. We usually fix it just by lifting up the pH to a normal level (6.8-7).

The tank is not as unique as our earlier HC carpet one, but a good addition to our gallery. The more green the better :D

6653733949_e7c5eb76d5_z.jpg

6653736537_40fb2bffc1_z.jpg

6653739759_1c623262e1_z.jpg

Busy day taking pictures Viktor? I really like the new look, and the stems in the back complements the scape.
Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos like always. :wave:

clonitza said:
Busy day taking pictures Viktor? I really like the new look, and the stems in the back complements the scape.
Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos like always. :wave:

Our baby born on dec 20th so i've taken a longer break from the daily work. Will be back next week to turn the gallery upside down :D

Thanks for your kind words. ;)

Originally we used Tropica plants only for the stem. Too bad Rotala Rotundifolia is a bit large in leaf when it gets bushy. It's almost rob all the space from Didiplis, Rotala Walichii in the back. May will replace it to Rotala indica or something in the future, as the plan was to have a different texture and color in the back.

Also will check if we change the ferts to a lower nitrate one the color gets a little better or not.

Oh wow, just found this thread. And realized i forgot to post the progress on this tank.

Well the ugly woody scape become a realy beauty at the end. Just before the IAPLC deadline.
Removed some wood which i not loved and tried to grow the background stems as dense as i can.
For final shoothing i let the stems grow up to the surface.

The different kind of foreground plants worked well in this scape. Since then we rescaped this tank.

The tank ranked #111 at IAPLC 2012

8127443097_ac7faa0d17_c.jpg
IAPLC 2012 entries Rank #111 by viktorlantos, on Flickr

Back