• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Trigon 190 'Crypt Corner' (PFK featured)

Re: Trigon 190 'Crypt Corner'

Ady34 said:
Considering how difficult corner tanks are supposed to be to scape you have the nack of rolling great scapes out one after another, this is another belter Gary :clap:
I particularly like how natural the stone positions look.
Really like marbled hatchet fish too :)
Cheerio
Ady

Cheers Ady :thumbup:
Yes corner tanks are difficult and I'd love a conventional size tank, but the corner one fits our room perfect and I have to keep the mrs happy too :rolleyes: the Hatchets are great fish, I've got 9 of them and they really do stick close together... I'd definitely recommend them.

PS, thanks for all your advice yesterday on the EI mixing too :thumbup:

No prob Gary :thumbup: I'd asked the question myself to John at APFUK so knew double the concentration would be ok so i mixed my own that way and it did all dissolve. Clive always suggests its not rocket science and just to use a teaspoon and add that way. I heap mine right up so my mix will be strong :)

Alastair said:
Fantastic Gary, I liked your first scape alot, never a big fan or corner tanks but you've done this one proud. Looks even better with the rescape. I really like it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers Alastair :thumbup: They are tricky to get right and even more tricky to get the flow correct too - I really need to get some better quality photo's up though to show how it really looks.

Ady34 said:
Considering how difficult corner tanks are supposed to be to scape you have the nack of rolling great scapes out one after another, this is another belter Gary :clap: y
I have to agree, one of the best so far, just love it :) congrats

LondonDragon said:
Ady34 said:
Considering how difficult corner tanks are supposed to be to scape you have the nack of rolling great scapes out one after another, this is another belter Gary :clap: y
I have to agree, one of the best so far, just love it :) congrats

Thanks very much Paulo, :thumbup:

Hi Gary

love the tank. it is serving as a big inspiration for my journey into planted tanks

my wife bought me a trigon for my birthday and I am slightly daunted by the size

but seeing the great results you have got gives me some hope that I can get somewhere with it...

cheers

Jim

Cheers Jim, you will be surprised how quickly the room starts to disappear when you add plants, even more so when wood or rock are added as well - what sort of design / scape are you looking to do?
Are you going to be using the supplied installed Juwel filter? The only thing you have to make sure is that you have more than adequate flow as corner tanks can suffer from bad flow distribution.
I'll be looking out for you journal and looking forward to seeing some of your photos too :thumbup:

Sounds good Jim, i'll be watching your journal develop :thumbup:

I have added a few new Crypts since my last photos and my new EI dosing seems to be working OK, plants are filling out nicely - i'll post some more pics up at the weekend :thumbup:

Re: Trigon 190 'Crypt Corner' (re-scaped)

Gary Nelson said:
Right then, at last a couple of photos of my re-scape - gone is the grass to a more open fuji sand path way, to under the wood cave... the fish seem to love it! :thumbup: This was planted about 3 weeks ago and already the plants are starting to fill in nicely - I have just started dosing EI, so hopefully things will still progress.
Not the best quality photos, but you get the idea...

DSC_0418_zpsd1913cd1.jpg

DSC_0417_zps21cf2fda.jpg

DSC_0421_zps60649e04.jpg

DSC_0422_zpsc6d4d841.jpg

DSC_0427_zps706fd0f9.jpg

DSC_0432_zpsda4b754e.jpg

DSC_0433_zpsfc84d07e.jpg

sorry mate i missed this one!!

Looks superb, it really is a skill to make a bow fronted corner tank look like a rectangle, but once again you have accomplished it.
I'll always have a place in my heart for corner tanks, as you can learn loads from them, regarding flow and getting things right.

the best corner scape on here.

and chance of a vid?

Cheers for those nice compliments Ian, I will get some more updated photos on soon and a video :thumbup:
The plants have filled out really well since i put the first pics on too, all is going well touch wood!

Just thought I would add a couple of upto date photos from today, photos are not the best and CO2 was on, but you can see the growth on the plants. I have tided the moss up a little and added some green neons which I love! :thumbup:

DSC_0473.jpg

DSC_0472.jpg

DSC_0490.jpg

DSC_0474.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

Looking really really nice mate.
Love the way the two planted areas accent the front curve of the aquarium and then draw your eye into the scape with the pathway, really well thought out and executed, it makes excellent use of the available space :clap:
The left/right balance is good also and the wood compliments this not only in size but directionality too,
Really great scape and growing in nicely, you should be very proud of it :thumbup:
Cheerio
Ady

Cheers Ady, yes I am pleased with how its turned out now the plants are filling in, I might have to trim the moss soon though as its getting a bit wild! :woot:

Thanks mate.... I still really think you need to go back to your corner tank :lol:

Looking forward to seeing you at work at AL - will be a good day :thumbup:

motionless said:
Boom would you look at that! It must be hard to balance corner tanks evenly when going for a centre piece, did you find it difficult to get it right? Look ace good outcome!

Thanks :thumbup: yes corner tanks are tricky to scape, my idea was to create a pathway off centre from the tank and draw you into the scape towards the back, I was lucky to get the wood to fall about right to also compliment the curve of the pathway, as the path disappears into the back of the tank this then goes into rock work that the fish can actually get through - its a great sight to see them swim up the path and then find there way through all the rocks and appear out the back! They seem to like all the nooks and crannies :thumbup:

I'll get some close up pics up showing it.

Back