• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 reg issue

jamesb

So I noticed after a few hours of my co2 being injected into the tank the drop checker wasn't as light green as normal. I checked my set up and I am now getting a problem with my reg I think stopping it from maintaining a constant working pressure. This makes for very irregular injection of co2. One minute it is going at about 1bps for around 20 seconds. It then has a sudden burst of almost 15-20 bps (approximate I can't count that quick) I have tried using the needle valve to adjust the rate but it feels broken or at least it's not working as well as when I bought it 5 months ago. With it being that old I will have to confirm the warranty etc but has anyone had this happen to them? The reg cost me £90 from a reputable aquarium website so not cheap(in my eyes anyway!) The regulator is an easyaqua dual gauge with built in solenoid. Any help greatly appreciated. I will try upload a video for reference of what's happening with the bps. I'm not massively concerned for fish ATM as the drop checker is still very green but I may turn co2 off anyway to be on the safe side.

Get in contact with the company and tell them your not happy with the item.
State its not fit for the purpose it was purchased for give them the reasons why.... then ask them to either fix or replace the regulator failing that your entitled to a refund.
hoggie

double post!!!!!!

It could be one of several things, is the pressure adjustable on your reg? If so turn the knob to increase pressure and then back to decrease pressure then set back to your desired pressure.

If this does not fix it or your pressure is set by the manufacture, then lets look at the needle valve. Do the same as above strock the valve ( open fully then close fully, then set back to bubble rate you wish)

If this does not work:

1. remove solinoid to rule this out
2. replace needle valve (use a spare)
3. get reg overhauled

Some people have reported CO2 control issues where they have been using long lengths of pipe, for instance keeping a fire extinguisher, with regulator, solenoid & needle vavle, in a cupboard and running 10ft of hose to tank. They cannot set a repeatable or consistent bubble rate.

The solution is to place the needle valve as close to tank as possible. Stand alone needle valves are not too expensive, especially from Ebay Hong Kong and this cures the stability issue.

I have this problem too and also have the Easy Aqua dual guage reg with the easy Aqua bubble counter with double check valves.

I've only been set up with this for 2 weeks from new and can't regulate my c02.

I either get a really low bubble count of say 1 bps or if increased I get a nice count of say 4 bps then a sudden burst of loads which are too fast to count, i've checked all connections etc and these are fine, increased my pressure to 3 bar and down to 1.5 neither make any difference.

Did you manage so solve it???

Back