• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Under The Mangrove Tree.

Ian is looking cracking mate : Another nice one :thumbup: What rotala sp. is it ? Also, will you be triming the rununculus any time soon ? LOL.

Hey Dan, thank you...you just trim as you would hairgrass, i'm gonna leave it a few weeks yet to settle in a bit more.

Good weekend at aquatics live, came home with some Rilli shrimp from Freshwatershrimp.co.uk and also there new NA ferts, they seem very concentrated like the Elos stuff, but a heck of a lot cheaper. They do a nice range as well, well packaged.
8179544677_fc515db548.jpg
NA ferts by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

and the shrimp

8179541595_c84de2e856.jpg
shrimp2 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

8179542943_98c6ec557c.jpg
shrimp1 by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Just got a few extras for my camera today from Amazon, a few filters and a bigger flower hood. Just been testing it out.

8187898151_321db3bcca.jpg
night time by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

The lilaeopsis is spreading well around the tank, I want to trim soon and hack it right down.

8187896511_4a63c2e716.jpg
root spread by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Great tank.

I've never seen those shrimp before but they i like them alot, how are they settling in? NA ferts looks good too how do they stack up with dosing/price to ADA?

thank you Nayr!

The Rili's are as hard as nails! they are fine.

The ferts are A LOT cheaper than the ADA ferts, more around the price of the Tropica ferts, they are a hell of a lot more concentrated than these though. The 'Stage' fert is the all in one and the starting dose is 1 pump per 125ltrs.

Looks sweeeet Ian, my kind of tank and probably my favourate scape of yours. Not that there was anything wrong with the others!
The lilaeopsis is looking pretty rampant and the rilis are a great addition, must be nice to relax to after you've been saving the world all day.
Hows talking to the rotalla working out for ya?
laters

Thank you Iain!

The Rotala remains a nice shade of green, i have started to verbally abuse it now, to make it go red...

ps, a week ago tonight we was tearing up London town (this means falling over and getting ripped of by Amy Winehouses indian dad)

Thanks Tim, yes they will breed with the Cherries, but we'll see what come of them.

here's a quick FTS from this evening.

8214729498_d7926b330f.jpg
fts by Ian Holdich, on Flickr

Getting all in shape already, nice work my friend!

Getting all in shape already, nice work my friend!

Thank you mate, it needs a few more trims at the back and the grass needs to fill in before its first cut.

Looks gorgeous Ian, I agree with eazer, I've loved all your scapes but this has to be my fave. Well done mate

Cheers Al for the nice comments.

Filling in really nicely Ian, the moss patches soften the thick set wood nicely.
Its a really bold scape with great shape, i think if your ammania sp. bonsai was trimmed and replanted to follow the 'arc' of the wood line into the ends of the tank then it would be perfect. That may or may not be your plan, you may want to keep the open spaces at either side to highlight the wood formation, but either way its still a great scape and i love the x-rays, understated fish choice but always look great :thumbup:
Cheerio,
Ady.

Back