• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New tank!

krazypara3165

Howdy! As some of you are aware my 4ft tank gave up on me the other day, the central strut collapsed and the front bowed out by 15mm so im doing away with it and spoiling myself to a new one.

The problem is i already have brand new lighting and a brand new filter and most aquariums and stands seem to come with them!

Either way these are the ones i have narrowed it down to...

Fluval Roma 240 with stand, lights, cannester filter for £450
roma240_black_2.jpg

jewel rio 240 with stand lights filter ect... £430
rio240.jpg

All Pond Solutions cabinet and tank 285l comes with lights and filter but they can do a package without £499
black_120cm_open_top_tank.jpg

and finally the oddball, this would be a second hand unit, but once again with lighting cabinet and filter £320
fluval osaka 320l
fluval-osaka-260.jpg

Now for the concerns....... i really like open topped tanks and im assuming the roma and the rio have braces in the middle preventing you from using it without the hood? and also im paying fo the lighting and filtration thats kinda not needed.

i am serverly edging towards the all pond solutions one, looks like a sturdy beautiful piece of kit, and they will knock money off if i want it without the lights and filtration

at the end of the day i would be happy with just a 4ft tank, but so far the cheapest i have found is 150 in delivery and that has a center brace and euro brace so looks very cluttered. and once i price up the roma stand with it its pushing £300......

its going on the credit card so money is not much of an issue, but i would like to ideally keep it under the 500 mark.
Im also open to ideas!

cheers, craig.

I love my Juwel Rio (even more now the internal filter is removed) but that All Ponds Solutions looks sweet. How much with the lights?

May have to keep an eye on the water evaporation though

Personally I think the APS kit looks like a cheap imitation of something. Its personal taste though. But I think you could get an optiwhite tank made and a nice cabinet and it would be nicer. You already have the filter and lighting so I would spend more on the tank and cabinet.

As ever, my opinion of fluval kit could not be lower, but that has as much to do issues I have had in the past with the distributors as it does to the product. But I have said before, they are the vauxhall equivalent ;)

Another consideration would be the Eheim Scubaline range. They do a 240 which is the same size as the Juwel. The Rio240 is a lovely tank though.

I actually agree with antipofish on some of what he is saying... I built my cabinet and my tank and compared to whole set up prices I saved hundreds.. if you do think about an optiwhite tank let me know because I can get the glass for you to build yourself or I can build it for you. usually it would be hard for me to do due to distance it wouldn't be worth my selling just glass but if you were just after the glass I could bring it to aquatics live.. thats IF you were going! that goes for anyone else for that matter.

As for fluval I hate everything they do... except external filters lol but lets not turn this into a mercedes vs vauxhall debate again lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack

Its funny you say that as that was the one I liked least when viewing tanks... However I have no experience in the worl of large tanks so all advice is good. Could you reccomend a tank builder or company that could build a 4ft optiwhite aquarium with no braces as that would be ideal! I will also have a look into a ehiem tank too!

aps tank but make sure you use the 15% discount code. thats what i did but if i could go back i would buy everything seperately.

I'm selling my 120x45x45 rimless braceless optiwhite at the mo only after £300 for the full setup lights filter etc. If you want the tank only id be happy to sort something out....

Back