• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Snow White showing blue bolt??

basil

Bit excited tonight as noticed one of my Snow White's showing some clear blue bolt pigment in the head and tail!! What's more.......she's pregnant!!

A8BFC9AB-0AA9-4F9B-91B6-352DC4D66C85-1184-000001CC6A474B37.jpg

What do you reckon guys? Deffo not true blue, but the pigment seems clear to me. :)

Thought so........deep breaths, count to 10, brown paper bag etc.....!

Seems I have to now cross with King Kong to get blue bolt babies.

Anyone selling king kongs on here? Wife's gonna kill me - £60 per shrimp seems to be market price for these kk's!!

I couldnt think of any other good way of wasting money lol i guess if i had a lot of it I probably would.. i can think of better things to buy for 550 quid!! lol

Well, I don't smoke or party hard so I try to justify that way!! :)

would rather buy some new fishing gear for that much tbh with my history of failure to keep even red cherries alive I couldn't justify that much on a shrimp

Not ready for em yet, as new rack just being installed. Will make contact with FWS to see what they have by way of KK's. Tanks for the pointers guys!

Found 2 of these in my tank yesterday. Still tiny shrimplets no more than 2-3mm in size, but they are very different to anything else I've had before. Anyone any ideas?

869BD470-A2A9-442B-BE7A-CEDC3895AEAA-132-00000006395BF848.jpg

The bright white face, brown back and stripes are very clear even on this baby.

Whitey89 said:
Possibly a golden bee mate. The stripes just represent pigment-loss in the edges of each segment of tail I think. :)

That's what I thought initially but it comes from a tank of snows and goldens and looks nothing like any of the other young. I'll keep an eye on it as it grows. :)

Whitey89 said:
Ha maybe just a 'ginger' one :lol:

Eek, don't want to encourage any little Ed Sheerans gettin jiggy with my prize shrimp!!!

Haha. You got some photos of your 'basil selects!' ?

I was actually watching babies swim out of my SS Hinomaru no entry the other day. Was a great sight.

Baby is inbetween the two adults here, and he's only 30 seconds old :D
a3a4ubad.jpg

Wow, I'd love to see that!!! A rare moment indeed - well captured mate!

Back