• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

The Bucephalandra land of bliss

Vasteq

One of my Bucephalandras tank photo. 90L (80x40x35cm), Eheim 2224, High-pressure CO2, fertilizer by Estimative Index. Here is about the half of my Bycephalandra collection. The rest are in my second tank.

There are about 10 kind of Microsorums + 2 small Bolbitis (near the left front - Bolbitis Heteroclita Cuspidata and Bolbitis Gua Angin - heigh about 8 cm). The Java ferns are: "mini Windelov" in the middle, Narrow "K" on the right of "mini Windelov", Thor's Hammer on the left , and Cross on the right of Thor's. Some bucephalandra are much bigger than other - at the middle you can see Super Blue (one of the biggest) and Buce. Sedong (on the right of SuperBlue). There is about 30-50 Bucephalandra species.

8128896930_171c2f5c8c_h.jpg

Hi-res picture here:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8190/8128 ... 5cfd_k.jpg

Wow! They look amazing. Is it your photography skills or editing that makes them look so waxy and lush? Or are they actually that horrifically damn healthy!!!

a bit of everything ;)
Good camera and special settings giving that soft shadows and true colors. Sometimes I add contrast, sharpness, but not too much to not destroy final results.
Another thing is that Bucephalandra are so beautifull plants that photographing it gives me so much fun and pleasure. It would be a sin not to use their qualities to create that interesting scenes

Back