• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Pub CO2 Question. CO2/Nitrogen Mix

AndyTaylor

Hi All,

Re-filling FE canisters is proving very expensive over here so have made some enquiries about getting a pub CO2 cylinder.
Managed to get my hands on one that I can get refilled for free when I need to but I'm unsure about the gas mix they use for refilling.

The mix is 50% CO2/ 50% Nitrogen. Now I know we add nitrogen in ferts but does this mean that injecting nitrogen is safe?
If nothing else, I assume it means that I will need to inject 50% more CO2 than I would if I had a 100% CO2 filled cylinder?

Thanks

i dont think the mix gas is suitable, make sure that they fill only with co2 as for soft drinks. :)

Ah, that's a good idea, stick with the soft drink mix. Knowing nothing about how these pub cylinders are used meant that I couldn't question what I was being told. Apparently, each beer has a different mix of CO2 & Nitrogen. Who knew?

As it happens, I found a friendly FE guy this afternoon while buying fire equipment for the business who offered to fill my spare FE cylinders for me whenever I need them done. Result.

Back