• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EI Low plant mass

Dillinger

Seedling
image.jpg

The above is my tank which currently is in its 3rd week and I have only just started dosing it.
I purchased some EI dry salts and made my mixtures up using a website calculator and have placed them in plastic pump bottles for ease of dosing.

Bashing in my variables into the calculator gave me the following:

My pump bottles are 250ml each so I bashed that into the calculator.

Screenshot2012-11-13at144403.png

Screenshot2012-11-13at144342.png

I made up my solutions using the above information and waited till water change day to start dosing.

Now my problem is do I start dosing full EI as above with the few plants I have or do I dose Half or even less?
I wimped out so far on doing it full and placed only 1ml of the macro solution after a water change and the following day after that I did 1ml of the micro thats it so far. My low plant mass just worries me with these ferts.

If anyone could help that would be great, thanks!

So the dosing of 10ml for a 17L looks good and the mixtures look good too?

The light is from Ebay, Its a random Thai LED, has grown my carpet mix well and is a solution for now.

also what are you dimensions of your tank? i first thought it was a huge tank but now looking closely at the HUGE lily pipes Im thinking you just have a very good eye for proportion. you have made the tank look A LOT bigger than it is :) get some nano lily pipes on that and you will be sorted! nice one :)

I have a cool set of scales so opted for the grams as a way of measurement. Ill get dosing and fingers crossed all goes well.

Thanks for the advice and comments. I am a sucker for perspective, I've always kept nano tanks marine and fresh. Always enjoyed keeping the scale of things to suit the tank. This tank is a ADA 45f, its 45cm x 24cm and only 16cm high. Mega shallow but I love it. It houses a shoal of Boraras maculatus which are tiny.

Nice scape! As mentioned above it looks alot bigger in the picture, but you've done a good job with it given the actual size, makes me want to buy another tank and start all over again :)

Back