• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

just a quick one!

krazypara3165

i want to hopefully start sorting out my new tank today and got most of it planned. i want to keep substrate simple, and as it will be deep in areas i wanted to keep it inert as to minimize anything nasty building up. i have a bag of slow release granules (homebase own brand) that seems to have the same make up as the miracle grow equivalent (but weaker) would it be worthwhile putting a thin layer of this down before i put down the gravel? or should i just use the root tabs i have? i will be E.I dosing daily anyway so from what ive been told i dont need to go ott with the substrate. the tank is a 4ft 285l, and the substrate i have is fine 1-3mm sand.

You could always buy biomax bags and stack them under the substrate at the back in the deep areas? This would minimize anaerobic possibilities under the sand. I know sand is pretty bad for anaerobic troubles.. I know people use these biomax bags a lot. I have used them in my scapes too. Just an idea?

:)

Sent from my Nexus 7

Back