• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim Electronic Filter Professional 3E 700 2078 opinions?

Stu Worrall

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
hi all

thinking of buying one of these with my winnings from the aquatics live comp (thanks ukaps :) )

Anyone got any opinions of it as it has both positive and negative reviews on zooplus.de The eheim rep at aquatics live mentioned about a V2 but I didnt quite catch everything he said

Re: Eheim Electronic Filter Professional 3E 700 2078 opinion

Just wow. Mines excellent on every front. Flow rates good and settings are easy once you know them.

It's the size of a fridge though and potentially a tad overpowered on my 600x400x400 :lol:

My experience with mine is nothing but fantastic. It just feels good to the touch too.
:thumbup:

Mines good as well however I wish I had the USB stick so I could programme the settings as I can't work them out manually, I have mine on manual now an have to turn the flow down at night as its in my bedroom and is a tad loud when everything is silent. Apart from that its all good

thanks both. ive gone for one with their 10% off first orders :)

It will replace my tetratec ex1200 so looking forward to getting it. I did look at the usb unit but ive also got a mac so it wont work.

Whitey89 said:
I would buy the USB, but I have a mac. Which isn't supported.

That's lame I've just bought a Mac mini

Westyggx said:
Mines good as well however I wish I had the USB stick so I could programme the settings as I can't work them out manually, I have mine on manual now an have to turn the flow down at night as its in my bedroom and is a tad loud when everything is silent. Apart from that its all good

If you need a hand PM me, I have worked out how to do it all :)

Whitey89 said:

Doesn't your Mac have Bootcamp on it so you can boot it up in Windows too ? any Mac with that on, as long as you have windows too, should work :geek:

Antipofish said:
Westyggx said:

Whitey89 said:

Doesn't your Mac have Bootcamp on it so you can boot it up in Windows too ? any Mac with that on, as long as you have windows too, should work :geek:

How do you programme it to go down at night time automatically chris?

I do have both on my tank Ex1200 and 2078e, EX1200 is year older and never let me down where 2078e was replaced under warranty ... if You buy from zooplus keep some spare filter at home as warranty repair takes up to 8 weeks.

Westyggx said:
Antipofish said:
Westyggx said:

Whitey89 said:

Will send a reply at the weekend mate. Am away at the mo.

Thanks for the advice all and the pm antipo. Looking forward To it arriving. They had to alter my order as I'd added some cheap seiryu but they don't ship that abroad :( still 239 euro is lots cheaper than £329 on the uk site (minus the 10percent). He'll of a difference in price!

Westyggx said:
Antipofish said:
Westyggx said:

Whitey89 said:

Here you go...

- Adjust the flowrate of what will be the SECOND 12 hours (IE the period that will start 12 hours from doing this), using the up/down arrows on the control panel.

- Press the “S” button for at least 2 seconds until the yellow LED starts to flash.

- Set the flowrate for the FIRST (current) 12 hours. This must be adjusted within 10 seconds.

- Two flowrates in a 12-hour alternation are now activated.

- Simples ;)

easerthegeezer said:
Is there any benefit to lowering the turnover at night then?

Absolutely. Fish DO have to sleep, and the flow rates we have in our tanks are often higher than in the natural environments for certain fish. The high flow is essentially to give good CO2 distribution, so not necessary when the CO2 is off. It saves energy. And importantly for me, it means I cannot even hear the filter (although its very quiet in the first place).

i have had mine about 2 years i think maybe more. I bought it to be able to turn it down at night for the noise but never bothered because its so quiet. I also bought from zooplus and would recommend getting a better/proper plug converter as the one supplied is crap. Also the usb thingy is something i wish i had because i have no idea how to adjust anything but flow rate lol. I once got it stuck in river mode which was cool but when introducing new fish its not the best.

Absolutly amazing filter loads of space for media and the prefilter means maintenance is not needed very regularly at all, generally every 3 months i will clean the filter out and replace filter floss if i can be bothered and tbh i have left it longer than that without any issues

Back