• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is a 90cm light unit enough for 100cm tank

toadass

Hi guys.
I was planning on getting a new set up, but after checking the funds and the price of new cabinets have found that i can get a new optiwhite tank but can't afford the cabinet. I was planning on getting a 90cm, i currently have a fluval 100cm tank and cabinet, due to funds have decided to keep the cabinet i have and have a tank made to its size. It doesn't have the best depth at 40cm but that's tough. I have all the glassware and an arcadia ot2 which is a 90cm light unit.

Question is- Will the 90cm lighting unit be ok with a 100cm width tank? And at what height is best to suspend the unit?

Thanks Guys

Please do not post the same topic in multiple forum sections. I've removed the redundant thread from the General section.

Cheers,

As for height, only u can determine that by the overall outcome of the tank. As said above, best to suspend it so height can be altered if needed. Mine is not suspended so I took a t5 bulb out to reduce lighting.

Jack

Sent from my Nexus 7

Back