• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How much time do people spend actually watching their tanks?

Re: How much time do people spend actually watching their ta

To the right of my computer is my nano...to the left is my 240l (under construction)...

The WORST thing for productivity EVER is to have my tanks on or next to my desk...but I love it!

Yea, I'm in my final year at uni and thought it would be a good idea to have a nano next to my computer.. Big mistake.. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Mines only been set up for two weeks and no fauna yet but I still sit and look at the plants swaying around. Hopefully getting some Otto's and amano shrimp tomorrow so I will probably spend even longer watching them in their new home:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My desk looked like this at one point:
28549121119053199918desk.jpg

The tanks are side by side now.

I have my 120L on the chest of draws in my bedroom. Its nice to watch when I'm in bed - but i really have to sort out a remote control for the lighting. I currently have 5 tanks in my room, 2x 60L on chests of draws, 2 fluval edges and a 120L on another chest of draws. I have no more space for tanks :D

:lol:
How did you get away with 5 tanks?? What's your secret?

Working from home + tanks next to computer = angry customers + learning lots on UK aps ! :D

It gets worse, I have a new FE powered CO2 system - I have been known to just sit and watch the bubble counter and the reactor go round and round....
:oops:

Notator said:
:lol:
How did you get away with 5 tanks?? What's your secret?

Working from home + tanks next to computer = angry customers + learning lots on UK aps ! :D

It gets worse, I have a new FE powered CO2 system - I have been known to just sit and watch the bubble counter and the reactor go round and round....
:oops:

I added then one by one, muahaha :twisted:

My community tank I watch constantly, it's a room divider to stop my naughty dogs going on the work top and seen from all angles, better than a pot plant by miles!
We built a lovely front room 2 years ago and have only been in there twice in 18months until tanks started landing in there, I now spent atleast an hour each morning just staring at my tanks, if I can't find my hubby he is in there, either staring at the tanks or falling asleep!
Yesterday while i was working he started assembling my my new f35 and today I will make a start creating something beautiful to to my guppies from my 46l edge into it then recreating my 46l edge for my baby angel fish to grow her on till I need a bigger tank for her (need a bigger front room but I'm also thinking I could squeeze a 6ft tank on the top landing which I will make the hobbies idea).
Only got one day off work but I'll either be upto my armpits in fish water, trying to catch guppy fry or staring at the 4 tanks I have now.
Normal day off I guess lol.
I have a really stressful and intense job, blood pressure thru the roof, (work related) bad sleep pattern (work/shift related) and this tank staring hobby has no side effects apart from rising damp in the fore arms and a slightly leaky bank balance but it's worth it!

40 minutes daily including tinkering time... :)

Back