• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UP CO2 Atomiser Problem

Followed your advice, so far no leaks identified, I noticed the is a strange noise, not loud coming from the atomiser which I presume is the co2 being atomised? :?

My regulator gauge is showing 2 bar. I am going to increase the bubble count slowly to see what happens. Trouble is when I ramped it up yesterday there was far too many bubbles to count, it must have been in the hundreds, lovely mist of co2 in the tank though.

But I can't leave the bubble count that high permanently or the co2 will run out very quick and I thought the whole idea of the atomiser was to maximise dissolution therefore use less co2?

I don't think it matters which way round they go - there was certainly no instructions with mine that said so.

Do you think your regulator gauge is accurate? Reason I say that, is I had the same trouble with my UP atomiser when I first got it. I did have a leak but when I sealed that I still had the same symptoms. I cranked the pressure up to 3.5 bar as displayed on the gauge and all that trouble went away. In fact I would get very oddly changing bubble rates until I upped the pressure.

Carefull you don't go too high in case a pipe pops off and then it's goodbye CO2.

Regards, Mike.

REDSTEVEO said:
Followed your advice, so far no leaks identified, I noticed the is a strange noise, not loud coming from the atomiser which I presume is the co2 being atomised? :?

My regulator gauge is showing 2 bar. I am going to increase the bubble count slowly to see what happens. Trouble is when I ramped it up yesterday there was far too many bubbles to count, it must have been in the hundreds, lovely mist of co2 in the tank though.

But I can't leave the bubble count that high permanently or the co2 will run out very quick and I thought the whole idea of the atomiser was to maximise dissolution therefore use less co2?
You need to use as much C02 as it takes!
My 200l tank uses one FE every 10 weeks ish, with my BC showing an almost continuous stream of C02.
Of course every tank is different but I dont think the atomiser will save you that much gas, if any, compared to most other methods?

Today has been frustrating :twisted: It got to the point that even with a full bottle showing 2 bar on the gauge for the regulator the bubbles stopped flowing altogether through the bubble counter. Even when I turned the valve right up on the flow control nothing, zilch, nada.

So I decided to disconnect the pipework again and disconnect the atomiser so that I could try it the other way around. I also decided to turn on the co2 before letting the pipes refill with water from the filter.

As soon as I turned on the co2 the bubbles started flowing immediately. I cranked it right up to allow the co2 to fully fill the chamber in the atomiser and after a minute or two the gas was emerging from the outlet pipe so at that point I switched the power on to the filter.

BINGO!! :D A steady stream of misty co2 flowing out of the outlet and swirling around the tank! At last.

The drop checker started to change and the built in PH sensor started to drop the reading. SOOO fingers crossed that's it sorted. Lets hope I have not spoken too soon.

I will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Steve

Mine takes an age to start passing CO2 into the tank - I've got the needle valve almost fully open and today I added few hours extra to the CO2 start time to see if this helps. Bubbles are MUCH smaller, which I presume is why the pressure needs to be so high...

Hi I've just set mine up its a 16 22 the connections on the water side don't feel to sturdy has anyone else noticed the same

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

anttthony said:
Hi I've just set mine up its a 16 22 the connections on the water side don't feel to sturdy has anyone else noticed the same

Yep mate, I wrapped the ends on the atomiser in PTFE Tape. I still wasn't too keen on it though!

Thanks did think of that il have ago tomorrow or maby jubilee clips is yours still running with the ptfe

Got one of the new UP INLINE LARGE SUPER CO2 ATOMIZER 12/16MM (D-519-12-L) ordered yesterday to replace my Co2 supermarket reactor/mixer (pic below) so hope I dont run into any problems ..... reg is above 2bar so hopefully thats ok

ATOM-UP-D-519-12-L1-500x500.jpg

co2-diffuser-set-main.jpg

Set it up tonight running at about 1.5 bar. it's just the connections on the water side feel abit dodgy, iam using ehiem hoses let me no how u get on hopefully no leaks!

Back