• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Breaking plants

nachoheeledge

Seedling
7u3y7ury.jpg

I am having issues with a plant (I can't remember the name sorry), it was growing great for about 3 weeks and still seems to grow now. However large pieces keep breaking off and dying. Is this normal? Or I am putting too much fert in etc?

Tank is a 90l tall tank, no co2 and Ada Amazonia substrate. I use green brighty 3 as ferts and temperature is usually around 28 (I can't get it to lower no matter what I try).

Any help/advice appreciated. :)

The problem is related to you having no co2, the plants melting is it's way of telling you that it needs more co2.

Light is usually on for 8-10hrs a day, should I cut that down a bit to increase co2?

I think your getting slightly confused if I'm reading right.. The argument is the more light u force into the tank, the more co2 u need to balance it with. You say you have no co2. When reducing light this doesn't ultimately increase co2, co2 can't be increased if there is none in the tank. Depending on your style and set up I recommend you sort out a co2 Kit or you dose with liquid carbon or excel for example. I would reduce your lighting down to 6 hours or raise it if you can. Just until you tackle your issue.

Jack

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ahh gotya, I will look at the liquid carbon options. Any suggestions on a particular one?

They all do the same thing Mate regardless of make/brand/price. As long as they are what they say they are. Try easy carbo-easy life.

Jack

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back