• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Yasuhikotakia sidtjimunki - dwarf chain loach

Radik

Hi guys

anyone have experience with these? Would they be menace in planted tank with HC Cuba, UG, hair grass, moss etc? They are small loaches I wanted like 25 of them in 250 liter. Any ideas?

Thanks

Radik,

I have 25 of these in my large tank. I cant say much about the Hemianthus, but I have not had an issue with these fish plant wise. They do excavate a little around the rocks, really just for thier borrows and hiding places, nothing destructive for a 250l unless you are planning a delicate scape.

Not the cheapest of fish though, especially for 25. :)

I built mine up gradually over time.

Alright sounds great thanks for info. I have gravel sand 2mm grain plenty of hiding space. They are small so yes I do not expect destruction but rather asking. Was thinking rummy noses but Tom Barr said his rummys eating UG. Can you tell me loaches behavior? I read they spent also lot of time in the mid level?

Hi Radik, When you start off, get at least 6. They do better in larger numbers. They can be quite confident as long as there is plenty of planting and enough numbers for them to feel secure. I love Clown loach, but they grow too large. The Dwarf Chain loach (Sidthimunki) are beautiful fish and I applaud your good taste :)

It might be relative to tank size, but I find mine are at the bottom 90% of the time. When feeding they do swim up more. Another factor might be because mine are dwarfed by rainbowfish occupying the other levels. Having said that they dont seem shy around these larger fish.

I certainly agree with buying in numbers of at least six.

Back