• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UB-75 Shrimp Product

It will be same base as other brands such as mosura, genchem, Borneo wild etc. Personally I've been enjoying some good success with genchem biozyme and betaglucans. Same stuff but half the price!

Does this kind of thing really help with shrimp the of is it ye old snake oil.

Well, i'm self confessed paranoid to the extreme, but I do like to use beta g with my water changes. Maybe coincidence but since I've been using my baby shrimps do seem to grow quicker and I do enjoy a very good shrimplet survival rate. Questionable whether it does anything for the adults, but I've been adding it for long enough to have mind set if it ain't broke..,..........I've read other articles that sing praises of Glucans as its one of the few ingredients recognised as being rather beneficial to shrimp. Lots of brands making it but with different names :)

To expand on that a little further I'd say deffo use it in newish tanks as it undoubtably helps biofilm growth.

I've done some reading about on products like this lately and the german hobbyists seem to think it's largely bunk and just use self collected dead leaves instead which produce a huge boom in microfauna.

Garuf said:
I've done some reading about on products like this lately and the german hobbyists seem to think it's largely bunk and just use self collected dead leaves instead which produce a huge boom in microfauna.

I've heard of people using leaves as alda cones because of the micro fauna, I just don't see how the stuff in the bottle can survive, surely there must be a very small life span on it :/

I use mosura BT-9 bacteria supplement at water change time. Maybe like you Garuf, i just dont want to take the risk of not using it now i have a nice breeding colony of CRS.

Back