• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting for my nano.

wazuck

Ok I'm planning a 40x30x25cm tank. It will be on a custom built stand so I light arm can be used. But which lighting do I go for? Currently trying to figure out which will be the best. I'm current thoughts are to DIY my gu10 2x50w light above the tank and run led bulbs. 1-2 TMC mini 400. 3x8w t5no (light isn't really the power I'd like tho). Go crazy and use a 70w HQI. Any suggestions would be great. I want something nice over this tank :)

I had to remove my 70w MT from my 200lt tank because I was burning 2kg of gas every 8 weeks!
GU10 LEDs are not as bright as the hype would have you believe but are great for small tanks, get dimmable bulbs, use 2 x 9-12w bulbs, I like to use 1x warm 1 x cool & 1 x blue for evening viewing but use a 7w blue.

I was thinking about using 2x9-12w cool white. Not sure how the warm and cool would look side by side? Thought having two sides of the tank different colours would be odd?

wazuck said:
I was thinking about using 2x9-12w cool white. Not sure how the warm and cool would look side by side? Thought having two sides of the tank different colours would be odd?
I guess it depends on your own perspective!
Here is mine with three different colour bulbs...

54789e235a73eb4e8a54d248b5d2276a.jpg

Back