• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arcadia Arc Pods any problems?

REDSTEVEO

I have looked at the 9 watt and 11 watt Arcadia Arc Pods for Nano tanks and was thinking of ordering one of each online. But I went and saw them in a shop, took them out of the box and it was really hard to insert the plastic bulb housing into the outer cover. I could not push it in far enough for the two plastic grips on the side to hold it in place, nor could the guy in the shop much to his surprise and dismay, cause I never bought any of them.

Any one tried these, any problems similar or other wise?

Cheers,

Steve

Avoid - flimsy plastic clip which has now broken on mine twice. Took a dive into the tank while on - very dangerous IMO. Not sure of alternatives for the same price range/size. But def avoid!

the 18w arc pods are more sturdy, to be honest I know a few people with them and never had any issues? I do agree their very hard to put together though! was worried it would snap! lol

I might get one of the cheap led ones for a nano I'm doing, for the money and the fact all I'm growing is Crypts, Java fern and Anubias I reckon it must be worth a go.

thats a shame these ones used to be £3 each.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flexible-Neck ... 43b64f0b23

i got 2 with postage for £8 a few months back and do fine... if the wiring is a little questionable :wideyed:

I believe cheap LED's are a bit of a gamble, some are said to be truly pathetic.

Hi Steve,

Was it the All pond solutions led lights you went for? Are they anygood? I need to get something for one of my nanos.

Cheers

Jon

Back