• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Youtube vs Vimeo

Ian Holdich

Just looking at a few vids on Vimeo and the upload quality seems to surpass Youtube by along way.

which is best and why...please discuss.

Vimeo is better for quality, but you tube gets way more hits.

I'll take hits over quality. At higher res, you tube still stands up though. Not too shabby.

From a viewers prespective, youtube HD, even 1080p seems to stream alot faster. I have no issues with buffering even for 3D content on my tv. I just went to watch BigToms BOM vimeo vid and gave up on the HD version due to the length of time it was taking to buffer. 24 Meg/sec (tested) line speed.

viktorlantos said:
Conversion time sometimes takes too long with youtube. And there are no pro account to solve it like with Vimeo. But Mark is right the hits is a different dimension on Youtube

OK i update my feedback on it. Turned out i do used wrong (not youtube friendly) compression setting. So this is why it's taken ages with youtube. When you convert your vids the way they recommend then it's appear there quicker.

Still love the feature in vimeo that as a pro user your vids get convered right away not queued.

Back