• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AquaEI 2x11w plant pro clip on

nayr88

Anyone go experience with this light? Quality and also colour of light, it shows a pink and a white bulb, least thing I want is a something that grows plants but looks as pants as the arc pods.

Any input much appreciated.

The bulbs are hit and miss from what I've seen, my lfs had 4 or 5 next to each other on display and the tubes are all noticably different colours.

Dennerle and supafish/wave are the best I've used in terms of light quality and colour.

Cheers garuf. I'm still a little tempted, where all clip on you see the same type, as in plant pro? They do a few different lamp variations, I wonder if that might have been it?

The price is OK, I really want 22w over my 30 as opposed to 11w and would much prefer just the one timer on instead of getting hold of a mat hung fluval clip on light and using another timer and socket up :/

Not sure, they're just what ever comes with their shrimp tanks. I didn't think to check.

What about a single 18w?

Yeh single 18 would be good, that's a superfish model right?

Whose a supplier of those?
You think that amount of light is ok? Co2 ferts and flow are ok so 18w should be cool right?

Or wave. I think the distributor is called something like J and k or something for both. Most pet shops used to carry them but I've not seen anything by superfish in a while!

I would think 18w is less than 2x11w in terms of light, it should be fine, failing that dennerle are proven quality but not cheap, easier to get your hands on though. Thinkg about it, Tom Messenger if he's still active was using a aquael light I think?
Fluval have an 11w on the market but the only one I've seen I didn't think the quality was very good, the light was noticeably flickery and didn't seem as bright as dennerles.

Although mine has broken (partly my fault), I was quite glad with a 18W Blau. Nice white light and good plant growth.

Here's a pic of it

teste2t.jpg

cheers

Cheers for the input Gmartin light does look good, is that a mega small tank or huge light and filter haha!

Been offered an 18w superfish so will most likely go with that :)

Cheers for the help guys

Back