• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

anubias rhyzome melting

paulsouthuk

Hi all I have had this anubias for 2 years with no issues. Lately I have changed my regime to 50% water changes and being very careful with getting rid of mulm floating leves etc in an aim to decrease some spot algae on my glass. Yeaterday i noticed the end of the rhyzome turned brown, a leaf fell off. Today the brown has marched onward and the rhyzome now has turned white as if it is rotting. What is this and what can i do, will it affect other plants???

Is it the whole rhizome or just the end stretch? U can cut it with a knife if your careful or if your confident snap with your hand at one of the bulks of the rhizome. Can u get a photo?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Its just the one end. started brown then rotted to white almost dare i say cotton wool texture. I will try and get a photo. If I snap it off will it save the plant?

Yeah u should be able to just snip it and it should be fine in s couple of weeks. Where id it planted? Anubias are usually very Hardy indeed. Great plants in my eyes

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I agree it flowers quite alot. Its planted on a piece of bog wood. I really don't want to lose it. Its grown quite well over the past few years. The only other problem that it has had is algae on the leaves.

Back