• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anyone one know what this is?

Its called BioNitrivec and is made by SERA. Its fantastic stuff. I use it every time I set up a new tank, and also once a month as a maintenance. If you buy it, make sure you shake it for 30 seconds each time you use it to get the maximum effect.

Cheers mate I will be getting some, next step decide on hardscape and substrate then wait patiently for tropica catalogue ><

Porksword said:
Cheers mate I will be getting some, next step decide on hardscape and substrate then wait patiently for tropica catalogue ><

Cool
Do you know whose channel that is on youtube ? I see they went to the Aqueous Art Movement exhibition too... some great work there, especially James SM's scapes. Wish I had been around and interested in planted tanks when that exhibition was on. Even better, if there could be another such exhibition.

I have no Idea mate, I don't really know any UKAPS people.
Would love to go to a show like ASW or even visit the green machine.
Actually I'd even settle for a shop in Newcastle with a good range of Aquascaping goodies.
You soon get sick of hearing "why'd ya want c-oh-tu in ya tank man" lol

Porksword said:
You soon get sick of hearing "why'd ya want c-oh-tu in ya tank man" lol
:lol:
I can just imagine it!

Westyggx said:
i spent 30 seconds working out what that meant LOL

That doesn't surprise me, you can't even work your filter ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
(just kidding)

Antipofish said:
Its called BioNitrivec and is made by SERA. Its fantastic stuff. I use it every time I set up a new tank, and also once a month as a maintenance. If you buy it, make sure you shake it for 30 seconds each time you use it to get the maximum effect.
Hello Mate! Don't suppose u could just sum up to the readers what this is can you? Seems very interesting and u seem to know what it is :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Bionitrivec? Hello Mate! Don't suppose u could just sum up to the readers what this is can you? Seems very interesting and u seem to know what it is :)

Arana said:
the vids on youtube are mine, guilty as charged your honour :D

Well I am very envious. I would love to have gone to the AAM exhibition. I noticed you or someone with you commented that the flow was very slow in one of the tanks at TGM (It was the one where they added the Sera Bio Nitrivec, which this thread is about). You are right. The flow was low. This is a conversation I have had with Jim in the past. I was going to buy an AM1000 CO2 reactor, which they use in most if not all of their display tanks and I was concerned it would reduce flow. (In fact according to the G6 filter I had at the time, it reduced it by 40% !). Jim maintains that high flow is not important, but rather the scape design coupled with DISTRIBUTION of the CO2, that matters. It highlights the point that the 10x rate that we all aim for is just a guide I think, as you cannot deny his plants grow perfectly :)

Great videos by the way, was nice to come across them, albeit by accident.

jack-rythm said:
Antipofish said:
Hello Mate! Don't suppose u could just sum up to the readers what this is can you? Seems very interesting and u seem to know what it is :)

Sure, I have taken this paragraph from the Sera website as Im just off out to work soon...

"sera bio nitrivec, a sera biotechnology product, breaks down ammonium and nitrite due to the included purification bacteria. The added mineral volcanic rock removes pollutants, effectively binds cloudiness and provides settling space for the purification bacteria. Calcium, potassium and magnesium are deposited in the volcanic rock – indispensable minerals that are constantly consumed in an aquarium. For healthy, clear and biologically active water."

People poo poo these types of products but Jim @ TGM had it independently tested apparently, and it was teaming with the bacteria it mentions. Its the volcanic rock particles, I believe, that speeds up the process. My tank cycled in 10 days flat when I used it.

This video is very useful... Bio Nitrivec is talked about at around 2:42 mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OZH4Q1U ... OZH4Q1U1Kg

Back