• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Regulator recommendations

Why don't you fit another needle valve or add a second one to the co2 line? My regs needle valve isn't brilliant so I might add another. Mines an UP A-165. Only used for a few days before the solenoid broke so Tankscape sending another one.
Cheers...

Not sure about the logic of adding another needle valve inline! This won't help!

The best advice is buy a better needle valve :)

Something like a Parker metering valve would be a good choice. I recently bought two for around £30-40. They have 15 turns from closed to open so fine tuning is really just that. They also have numbers written on then so you can fiddle with the settings and easily go back to the best one. Note when changing the parts on the reg you need to find out what thread standards you are working with. Usually it will be npt or bspt. Normally in 1/8 size.

I cant remember why I decided the 9500 wasn't suitable but I believe there was a reason. The thread will fit an FE and the output will be 1/2bspt and if you remove the fitting it is 1/4bspt. There are a few dual stages on eBay right now for around £30. I'm looking for a burkert 6011 right now but for as cheap as I can get it. Probably be importing two from the USA. My build is on hold right now but will continue shortly. Hopefully be buying more parts next week.

jimwalsh said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gas-Arc-C02-Two-Stage-Two-Gauge-Regulator-0-10-Bar-RAN03032-Boxed-/300790547050?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item460883826a

Hi Wazuck

what do you think of this reg? how would I go about fitting a needle valve and a decent solenoid?

sorry for the hundred questions...

cheers Jim

Ok the fitting will most Likely but 1/2 bspt but you would have to check to be sure. You would need to get a reducer say 1/2 to 1/8bspt, the a 1/8bspt normally closed solenoid, then a 1/8 bspt needle/metering valve, then a 1/8 bspt to 4mm tube compression fitting. You could add elbows to keep everything compact.

wazuck said:
Something like a Parker metering valve would be a good choice. I recently bought two for around £30-40. They have 15 turns from closed to open so fine tuning is really just that. They also have numbers written on then so you can fiddle with the settings and easily go back to the best one. Note when changing the parts on the reg you need to find out what thread standards you are working with. Usually it will be npt or bspt. Normally in 1/8 size.

Can you suggest a supplier for the Parker Metering Valve?

I have one from lunapet and a couple of slave needle valves for my two reactors, they have been going strong for 18 months.

Hmmmm can't seem to find their website, maybe they have gone belly up. In that case I'm not much help!

Back