• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Snails

Frederick

Hi all... Purchased a bunch of plants from a well known establishment, on delivery I washed them BUT a weekmlater found baby snails and now am trying to get rid of them but with no luck.I will be eternally grateful if the forum can tell me how to get rid of them without a complete strip down.The tank is a small one 65ltrs.
Please help..... Frederick

My dad had the same problem.... Did you wash them in a mild bleach solution? I dont think theres a definitive way of getting them all out..... With a tank so small I see that you have two options 1, tie a few pieces of cucumber to string and then lower it in, remove each day and manally pick the snails off. The other option is assasin snails, these bad boys will seek out other snails and eat them. A handful of these will keep your tank in check.

Had a simaller problem with some plants I bought but think my fish ate them as I have not seen them for a while now !

Back