• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

UP PRO-L 45cm

yeah right! they pretty well priced to TBH. Im definitely going to be thinking about these. I dont usually like the units that slot on the sides and hang over the top but this seems very slim so could be a possibility..

Just bought one of these lights in a smaller size 36cm, I am going to try and fit longer bars to it maybe in brass to fit my 50cm tank. I am pessimistic about the amount of light these things put out, as they do not have any kind of spec sheet or give any indication of watts,lumens or par, but got one on the cheap so thought its worth a try, Maybe it will be ok for a lowtech tank... Anyways will let you know how I get one with it when it arrives.
What are peoples opinions or the company 'UP', are they just branded cheap Chinese crap, or do they make some quality products?

my mate bought the 25cm single leg version and its very good, it covers his whole 300mm cube really nicely, very nice white too. He had to change his 18w arc pod to the 25cm UP single leg and it does a wicked job. So I assume it will be ok.. your tank is 50cm though and your light will only be 36cm.. i would probably of gone for the 45cm but if your doing low tech then i cant see an issue too much..?

What are peoples opinions or the company 'UP', are they just branded cheap Chinese crap, or do they make some quality products?

They make great inline atomisers and scaping tools, dont know about the rest of the product range but would hope its of equal quality. I was tempted by this light for a low tech but they are daft sizes.

My beamswork LED works well and looks nice...Also have the UP -A165 reg/solenoid and it works great with enough pressure for the UP atomiser.

if you were were pessimistic it would of been better going for the 45cm mate?
Always so pessimistic jack, cheers up.:what:
I know a 45cm would of been ideal but I got a deal/steal on the price so didn't have a choice. Still haven't got it though, it was held up at the post office as the label came off but its on its way now, so will report back in a few days when it finally gets here.

Always so pessimistic jack, cheers up.:what:
I know a 45cm would of been ideal but I got a deal/steal on the price so didn't have a choice. Still haven't got it though, it was held up at the post office as the label came off but its on its way now, so will report back in a few days when it finally gets here.
Looking forward to it Mate :) I wanna get the 450mm for my next puffer cube so interested to know what you think ! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ok so got a call from the postman today, was so supprised when I opened the door to see a thick blanket of snow I was like, F#*!.... The postman looked at me funny, I guess he'd been walking around in it since 5am.:lol:
So the light is as expected "OK", It sufficiently lights up an empty tank and looks good, but not very bright by standards of my old 39w fluorescent tube. Also I got my cree XM-L touch out to do a comparison and I can say that the 1 Cree led is probably brighter than all 36 off the UP led's. So to summarise I would say that it was ok for lighting a small low tech tank, but thats about it, I wouldn't expect you could grow a nice HC carpet under it. The 36cm light is bright enough to light my whole 50cm tank, and the colour is nice and white at 12000k, if you like that clinical kind of look. The solution I found to make the light fit my tank was simple in the end, just remove one side of it, alternatively I could of just pulled the bars off and turned them around to have a lower but wider lighting unit, but I think I will stick with the one sided look for now. Here are some bad photos taken on my phone this morning.

8391491415_cffecd02a8_z.jpg
Untitled by rolex.bene, on Flickr

8392575710_4c33307323_z.jpg
Untitled by rolex.bene, on Flickr

They are from Taiwan, I have been watching a few for a while now. Click here

No these are not the same ones, the one I have is made by UP and is the same as this.
UP PRO-L 36cm 12000K LED Hanging Light
I just removed one side of the metal bars. The ones in the link you sent me, however, look almost identical, have more bulbs and are cheaper, so I think they would me marginally better if they use the same led's.

They are the ones lol look at this, bigger version but the same thing

Here
anq5689.jpg

Back