• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lè Nano journal •30l Fluval• PLANTED

Re: Lè Nano journal •30l Fluval•

thats a shame mate, hope you get it sorted and get this tank planted!

Only 1 pot of hairgrass and I've nearly got a carpet haha! It'll be impossible to get one more in let alone 2!!!
re4ydahu.jpg

I'm waiting for those bulbs to arrive and they're replacing 2 20w cfl bulbs, as far as im aware with led's you only need half the wattage of cfl so should be ok. I think I may try one over my flora aswell just for the sake of it.
What plants are you going for in the bakground?
Also why did you decide not to dry start? I had success growing Hairgrass in my flora using the dry start, I had a full thick carpet of it, it looked so nice I didn't even fill it up. Anyway this is gonna look real nice when its filled in, I can tell :)

Let me know how you get on with those bulbs, could be on to a winner.

I listed the background plants a page back and ive forgotten already haha. Ill be uploading a pic really soon anyways.

I don't dry start because its not a huge space and I could afore the extra couple pots. Plus I reeealllllly wanna get some shrimps in ASAP?!!

Planting went well here are the pics

8udyzujy.jpg
enu9u6ar.jpg

Looks a little scrappy at the moment but it the flesh it looks the part :)

Tons of java moss to get nice and thick ad entangled around wood 2 mossy branches for good measure too.

Space on the right is for blyxa.j but thinking I might sell it on and get some staurygoune ( hoffiric spelling) haha.

I have the 400 tile on my 27l P@H tank but do have it quite high above the tank (check second link in my sig, p10, for photo). Avoid the mountaray if you can mate. Bought it with the light and I have yet to come across an uglier lump of plastic. I have no idea what TMC were thinking of. The light though is top. Without a controller it might be too strong unless you mount quite high.

Oh ok I found the plant list, myriophyllum mattogrossense goes amazingly well with hairgrass in my opinion, I have it in my 2 ft tank and it looks the part, so does hydrocotyle.
Those shrimp are gonna love you for those moss branches, what shrimp are you thinking of getting?

I just wants something hardy so will most likely stick to cherries. Is there a huge difference between them and sakuras? I've kept both but wasn't sure if that's just a name for high grade cherries.

@hotwield Im really not sure if I can spend that amount in it! Haha, how much are controllers??

nayr88 said:
I just wants something hardy so will most likely stick to cherries. Is there a huge difference between them and sakuras? I've kept both but wasn't sure if that's just a name for high grade cherries.

@hotwield Im really not sure if I can spend that amount in it! Haha, how much are controllers??

Yep Sakura is the name for high grade cherries. Fire red's being top of the tree. If you can find some try and get Sakura in they look far better than the bog standard cherries.

Just got if the phone to James over at TGM had a good chat and he has offered to send me out a plant of my choice (from tropica potted) with my next order as a good will gesture. :) :)

Top guys. I did say I was only seeing if I could get some postage back.

Really happy with the service as it was completely out of there hands.

Thanks James and all at TGM

The tmc 400 tile....does the controller act as a timer also? And do I have to get one specific for the tile or do they make one controller to work all tiles.

You just need the normal controller (About £65-75). It acts as a timer and it is easy to program intensity, timing, ramping-up and ramping down.

There is a really expensive multicontroller that can control 8 tiles, and a 'power' controller that doesn't add much functionality apart from a 'storm' feature.

P

Ahh ok cheers for that.

I seem to only be able to find the light from one place the stand from another and the controller from ebay haha.

nayr88 said:
Ahh ok cheers for that.

I seem to only be able to find the light from one place the stand from another and the controller from ebay haha.

If you don't want to have the ramping feature, a simple 'timer switch' would turn the light on and off at full intensity :)

Until you sort cash for controller!

jojouk said:
love that hardscape :)

Cheers jojo, I wanted the wood for ages! It was used in a display at my LFS and as soon as the display was taken down I snapped it up.

Here's a FTS just before lights out.
9eveqe3u.jpg

Just a quick shot, id disturbed some bits stuck to inlet which is why there are a few bits of plant floating about.

The MM has showed the most improvement. It closes by the end of the photo period.
sy6egyma.jpg

It kind of clamps up.

Hey Ryan,
Looking well mate, Stick with that carpet though. It'll take a while to get going, but mines just beginning to take off and I love it. Mine looked ugly for a while until it filled out to what it's like now :

aru8adyb.jpg

You'll reap the rewards with a little patience. :thumbup:

Back