• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help Setting up nano tank

added to my cart but quickly before i check out what sort of ferts should i be using dry salts or liquid such as TROPICA PLANT GROWTH PREMIUM FERTILISER? also if i use easy life easycarbo do i still need a CO2 Drop Checker?

You dont need a drop checker for easy carbo. Buy dry ferts and make you own mix its 1000x cheaper

humm i just realised how much this will cost initally i think i wont actually start it until after Christmas, but the shopping list is ready :)

jack-rythm said:
type into ebay - 'lush fertilizer' then go for the LUSH MAX MIX this is everything you need :) about 5 quid i think
What happened to this idea Mate? It will last u about 2-3 months?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

jack-rythm said:
jack-rythm said:
type into ebay - 'lush fertilizer' then go for the LUSH MAX MIX this is everything you need :) about 5 quid i think
What happened to this idea Mate? It will last u about 2-3 months?

have you used it before? do you just dilute the whole thing in a litre of water? :geek:

Yeah I have used this for a year. its great stuff. I would advise you boil a litre of water and then leave to cool down, just to clean it further. then mix with the powder. I use a empty washed out milk bottle and then use the lid to dose :)

Yeah I have used this for a year. its great stuff. I would advise you boil a litre of water and then leave to cool down, just to clean it further. then mix with the powder. I use a empty washed out milk bottle and then use the lid to dose :)
with this i still need to dose EasyCarbo right? don't want to sound stupid just making sure.

I Also bought the LED light and it has arrived, a little disappointed that the plug is an US plug and have to use a US to UK plug, the transformer works in both 110v & 220v 50-60Hz so no problem in using the adaptor just makes it a lot more chunkier and makes your sockets look a little messy, also not sure on the colour spectrum i put it over my beta tank and my red betas looked dark, it has 6 blue led that are constantly on (there is only and on/off switch) so thinking i might need to do some mod to it and replace 3 out of the 6 blue led's for some red ones

Sorry to hear the light units not as good as you hoped mate! thats a shame! I guess these things come down to preference.. I dont think your plants on the other hand will suffer from having less light. How is the light distributed? is the whole tank covered?

As for your liquid co2, you can still dose if you see signs of deficiency, but on the whole the NPK should be enough. If your plants look healthy then why dose at all.

Stick with your NPK and go with the flow. If you feel there is a deficiency then prop some liquid carb in there. I personally only dose even NPK when I need to.

Jack

thanks just waiting for the post to be back and running normally after Christmas and NY then i shall get my dry ferts, liquid carbon and plants, however i still have one question regarding water. do i use normal tap water or do i fill it up with RO water? or half an half, is there any pro and cons?

any one RO or Tapwater? what is the main advantage of using one over the other? i never used or have any experience with RO in a tank

Tapwater is cheaper! I use RO but the unit was quite expensive and uses a hell of a lot of tapwater to produce the RO water. Plus I then add back in minerals etc. In my nano tank and Walstad Bowls at school (where I work) I use rainwater and there's plenty of that around at the moment! All looks good and it comes with a lot of carbon already in it.

looks like im goin to have a along wait till the end of the moth before i can start this, just need to get some plants (open to suggestions and advice on this), dry salts and liquid Co2(might go down the route of mixing my own form concentrate), and a small heater(any suggestions?)

Back