• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arghhhhhhhh Solenoid!!!!

krazypara3165

Ok, so after patiently waiting from a member to send a Solenoid, i recieved it today. Firstly, it had a European plug on it :/ after cutting off the plug and wiring on another one ive connected it all up only to find it does not work. when you plug it into the mains, it clicks, a few bubbles pass through the bubble counter and then nothing :/ has anyone else experienced this?

krazypara3165 said:
Ok, so after patiently waiting from a member to send a Solenoid, i recieved it today. Firstly, it had a European plug on it :/ after cutting off the plug and wiring on another one ive connected it all up only to find it does not work. when you plug it into the mains, it clicks, a few bubbles pass through the bubble counter and then nothing :/ has anyone else experienced this?

What are you using as a diffusor ? Some regulators will not power some of the inline diffusors and atomisers.

its just a simple glass diffuser, the regulator powers it fine, its been running for two weeks (altho i can never seem to get more than 6 bps, but im assuming the regulator is for a smaller sized tank (dennerle) however this is off topic its the actual soleniod (seperate) that seems to be stopping flow completely.

ok, so this is really strange....... i was talking to the seller yesterday who informed me that he tested it prior to sending, knowing the seller on here i knew he is not the kind of person that would 'tell fibs'. so ive had another look at it today, if i attach two pieces of tubing to either end i can blow through it quite easy when it is plugged in. but when rigged to my co2 setup (that runs fine without the solenoid) nothing happens. im quite technically minded so i have no idea why it would stop flow once attached to the rest of my co2 setup :s confused!!!!

Does the solenoid valve rattle when you shake it as I am thinking the return spring in the valve may be broken. When you blew through the solenoid valve was the valve in the exact same position as it is connect to your reg, if is not, the valve in the assembly may be blocking the flow of gas.

The click up hear when its switching on is the solenoid coil energizing and pulling the valve into the on position allowing the gas to flow and the second click is the solenoid valve de - energizing and allow the valve to return to the off position ie no gas flow.

Its like a magnet, the valve is for arguements sake is a south pole and the solenoid is also a south pole, power up the solenoid which make it a north pole which attract the south pole - valve open, power down the solenoid and it goes back to a south pole which opposes the valve as it is a south pole and pushes the valve away and shut off the flow of gas.

Opposite attract + & -
Likes repel - & -

Regards
Paul

2012-12-12165822.jpg

krazypara3165 said:
ok, so this is really strange....... i was talking to the seller yesterday who informed me that he tested it prior to sending, knowing the seller on here i knew he is not the kind of person that would 'tell fibs'. so ive had another look at it today, if i attach two pieces of tubing to either end i can blow through it quite easy when it is plugged in. but when rigged to my co2 setup (that runs fine without the solenoid) nothing happens. im quite technically minded so i have no idea why it would stop flow once attached to the rest of my co2 setup :s confused!!!!

The interesting thing will be to see what happens when your other solenoid arrives and if you have the same problem. What are the pressure readings on your regulator ? You definitely have lots of CO2 in there ? (Dont just assume that because its a new bottle that you do, they sometimes leak it all out ! I know that from experience having not connected mine right one time).

krazypara3165 said:
Well on gauge says 50 bar, the other gauuge basically only shows how far youve twisted the needle valve. Hopefully ill have the new one on friday so we shall see.

The thing that worries me is that as you say, it worked on an alternate rig, AND you can blow through it with it plugged in, but when it is connected it does not operate the same.. Whats the order of connection ? You have used CO2 tubing and not just regular airline right ? When connected have you checked for leaks EVERYWHERE there is a connection ?

Back