• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What diffuser and bubble counter for 60p

toadass

Hi guys
Can anyone recommend a glass in tank diffuser and bubble counter? All what i seemed to have looked at seem too big, ive always used reactors so don't know much about these...

Thanks

shouldnt go too far wrong with one of these. its pretty much as small as they go.

2012-12-11163652.jpg

granted is a 4ft tank, but if you look in the center underneath the intakes that gives you a rough idea of the size.

Just going slitly of topic (sorry) but why have you placed your defuser underneath your inlets ? Do u find you get get a better distribution if its sucked up by the inlet and blown back out the outlets ? Just couriois as I'm about to install a co2 system and trying to work out the best place to put it for complete coverage and for as much to dissve in the water as possible .

pancho said:
Just going slitly of topic (sorry) but why have you placed your defuser underneath your inlets ? Do u find you get get a better distribution if its sucked up by the inlet and blown back out the outlets ? Just couriois as I'm about to install a co2 system and trying to work out the best place to put it for complete coverage and for as much to dissve in the water as possible .

Pancho, some people do it this way as they believe that the CO2 gets diffused better by going through their filter first. However it can lead to "burping" which is where the gas collects underneath the pump head and then gets chucked into the tank in one go. Personally I don't like the practice as I consider it can lead to fluctuating rates of CO2 injecion (which can lead to algae growth). In a 60P it should not be necessary in any case.

You could consider this diffusor if you want an in tank one. They are excellent. But to be honest, most of them are.

http://www.tankscape.co.uk/Flo-Deca-Glass-CO2-Diffuser?filter_name=diffuser

If you want something a bit more fancy, this would be good too..

http://www.tankscape.co.uk/co2-and-glassware/diffusers/Flo-Small-Glass-CO2-Diffuser

Or if budget is no object you could go for this...

http://www.thegreenmachineonline.co...diffusers/ada-pollen-glass-beetle-series-30mm

Most of the sponsors on here sell a range of these sorts of products though... and will be happy to advise you of your options.

That's great cheers for the info .. I have bought a deffuser already from eBay for about £20 but have also been looking at the inline reactor on eBay that has a little impeler init to chop up the bubbles .do these work better for co2 despersale ? I ideally want to get my co2 injection set right with a defuser before I start playing with anything new .i have a 100l 70cm long tank with a aps 1400 l external filter do your think that will be enuff flow in my tank or should I look at buying a small power head .at the mo I'm not sure if I'm geting good flow in all areas of the tank as I don't really no what good flow is as I have no base line to judge it by as this Is my first planted tank .

krazypara3165 said:
Sorry, the main reason its underneath my intakes is so I can get even distribution, because both of my pumps are picking it up, otherwise because of my layout, if I had it elsewhere (unlezs I use two inline atomisers with two needle valves) I would not get even distribution.

When you say "pumps" KP, do you mean pumps or filters ? Cos pumps should not cause the issue I mentioned above. :)

Antipofish said:
krazypara3165 said:
Sorry, the main reason its underneath my intakes is so I can get even distribution, because both of my pumps are picking it up, otherwise because of my layout, if I had it elsewhere (unlezs I use two inline atomisers with two needle valves) I would not get even distribution.

When you say "pumps" KP, do you mean pumps or filters ? Cos pumps should not cause the issue I mentioned above. :)

Sorry again to go off topic, but I too am about to install a pressurised Co2 system, and I have 2 external filters running on the tank. Does this method of placing the diffuser under your intakes get uniform distribution of CO2, and have you had any problems with the filters getting gasses trapped inside of them? :)

Back