• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! PM to email.... show the acual message?

JenCliBee

Hey mods/admin.... firstly i apologise if this has been asked before

Is there a way to actually see the PM message in the notification email? rather than the email just telling me i have a message?..... or is there a setting im missing which does this?..... On many other forums i use, this is already preset.

I get various email alerts informing me i have a PM but sometimes i just dont have the time, at the time to sign in on my phone and actually read it and when i do it sometimes is a message which really could have waited till i was home....but if it was a an important message that needed a reply quickly then it would be nice to actually read the actual message on the email and then sign in if really needed

Hope that made sense lol.

By default the notification email on PHPBB forum will not contain the message. There is a hack for that but I haven't looked into it.

I have noticed in another forum I manage where the message is sent in the notification email and people just reply to the email and off course that comes to the webmaster and not the person that actually send the PM. So can get confusing for some users.

Understood mate.... it would just be nice to be able to see the message while out and about and not have to sign into the forum to read it if there isn't any hurry to do so.

Cheers for the reply anyways mate :thumbup:

LondonDragon said:
By default the notification email on PHPBB forum will not contain the message. There is a hack for that but I haven't looked into it.

I have noticed in another forum I manage where the message is sent in the notification email and people just reply to the email and off course that comes to the webmaster and not the person that actually send the PM. So can get confusing for some users.

London, if you alter the email template for PMs such that the header for the default reply address matches the address of the user it has been sent to, then it will prevent the webmaster receiving spam, and also make the user realise they shouldn't just reply (as they'll just be emailing themselves).

Hope that might be of help!

Brilliant mate, will make things alot easier when i'm out and about now lol.
Also means that for safe keeping you can keep the emails and not worry about keeping messages on your inbox in the forum!

Back