• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 fe all set up thank you ukaps

pancho

Thank you to all the helpful members on here for guiding me though setting up a fe co2 set up and steering me away from the 98g hobby set I thought would be fine .all so a big thank you to the guys that have put a lot of there spare time and effort into the well wrote and easy to follow guides on here also big thank you to crazypara for the part I needed to set this up.
All is working fine now and I had that nice green colour on my drop checker when I got in from work tonight
One question though : how long does the solution in the drop checker last before it needs changing ?
My new set up
6a5unepa.jpg

And that lovely colour green that should mean my plants are getting everything they need from me
gu2a5upu.jpg

how long does the solution in the drop checker last before it needs changing
I would only replace it every 3-4 weeks, some people suggest at every water change but you don't need to do that, remember it takes about 3 hours to change so make only small changes at a time.

Yer I did a little correction to it this morning but then had to go to work for the day and was a little conceded that I might be too high so I aired on the side caution and luckily when I got home tonight the checker was a nice shade of green .i placed the checker on the same side next to the spray bar Wich is the area I was most conceded wasn't geting good flow but thankfully I was wrong.i have set the co2 to come on 2hrs prior to lights at the same time I add ferts each day and to turn off one hour prior to lights turning off. Is that fine or could I turn the co2 off sooner than 1hr before light off ? Also at the moment I'm dosing with easy life profito witch doesn't have nitrogene and phosphates in it .now I'm dosing with correct levels of co2 should be turn to dry salts and add complete ferts ?

Hi mate, what filter is that? I'm looking for an external and have not come across that one.

It's a all pond saloutions 1400 ltr .got nothing but good things to say about this filter .at the moment Iv got juvenile carp and tench in my tank and they are very dirty fish and the filter has kept the tank very clean and clear . It comes with all the media for free and was only £59 with free next day delivery .only wish I had spent the extra tenner for the uv version .

£59 for a 1400ltr is very cheap compared to what i have been looking at. Thank you. I shall have a look at these
I have some rather special carp i managed to grow on from spawn this year, from a lake that sadly got backfilled this year.

really .that sounds good .but yes the filters are very ressanable in price .cant wait to get the carp out once the tank and into the pond now .but didn't want to risk them over winter as they were so small .must say they have grown very quickly over the last 3 months in the tank But everytime I try to plant the tank they cause havok in there .so I'm holding of until early spring to get them out and do a proper planted aquascape .for now I'm geting plants I want and will grow them on ready for new tank scape

Very sensible with the carp. Can't imagine the plants last very long!
On a side note i see you have recently set up a FE co2, can u let me no which regulator you went for and why?

I got the regulator from some one on here so didn't really chose it for any reason other than cost .have seen one on eBay that looked ressanable from co2supermarket that comes with a selinoidvanadium needle valve for about £56 with delivery that I would of got if not for geting one off here .with all the bits excluding fe as i aquaired one from work ;) it cost me me 65 to set up and go would be an extra 20-25 with fe

Back