• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Do Eheim Taps grip 15mm OD hose?

LancsRick

I'm going to give a project a go with some colourless, clear hosing, but I'm struggling to get 12/16 hose - everything is 12/15. Does anyone know whether the Eheim "gripping" taps will seal adequately over the 15mm hose?

Cheers.

I'm going to have to admit some internet skills failure here Jack - any chance of a link to the item you bought please? Everything I check seems to be either 16/10 or 15/12.

Thank you!

Ok, cheers. I think I've just about specced it all up now, just need to get orders in after Christmas. Cheers!

I've just got home and looked at the taps on my 2217 - I reckon by eye it should be ok, since they just screw up to crimp the tubing against the connector barb. Worst case, a small insert in the tap would crimp the tube up if it's a little bit loose, so I reckon you're right in saying it should be fine - it's only 0.5mm radius difference after all.

Yeah exactly Mate, and as u say the screw fitting point would tighten it anyhow. I know the 2217 is the same pipe sizing as the 2213 so we will be fine, I'm sure.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers for the link, but I see that's 10/16 tubing. 10/16 or 12/15 might be options, but ideally I'd like to use something the same dimensions as the Eheim hose. I can find 12/16 from a couple of places, but getting it in anything less than a 30m reel has proved to be a challenge.

Looking at the forums, it seems a lot of people are looking to replace Eheim's ugly green hose. So I guess if did get a 30m reel I'd have little trouble selling the excess in shorter lengths on Ebay...

The simple solution is of course just to use a 12mm hose-to-hose connector and hook a few inches of green Eheim hose to my filter, then connect some clear 12/15 hose to that and run it to the tank. That's probably what I'll end up doing, but with the potential for leaks in mind I'd rather keep the number of connections to a minimum.

Back