• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What other hobby's do you have?

Trackdays for me, not allowed any more than 2 full time hobbies too many 'responsibilties'
DSC01363_zpsbda9de9a.jpg

I have a rather addictive nature when it comes to hobbies. I jump in head first with a "new thing" then get burnt out quickly and move onto something else. I'm sure there must be some super long medical term for it.

Currently I have my tanks to keep me busy, Photography, learning to play guitar and piano. I also make candles with the Mrs although that has kinda turned into a little sideline.

My most recent interest has come from my all time fascination with roller coasters. Now I want to start playing around with marble machines and rolling ball sculptures. I have stared ordering the bits to start making one of these.

Eventually, I would like to get around to having a crack at something on this kind of scale and maybe larger.

This is unreal! It looks fascinating! Nice one!! :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Wow thats some great pictures and hobbies plantbrain!
Makes my interests dull by comparison, I enjoy gardening, fishing, reading and playing sturmovik 1946. I havent played for a while but it is just about the best flight sim out there and according to some that do it for real its as close as you can get without getting in an actual aircraft.

michael

How old is that giant tree!!
There would appear to be a theme running with planted tanks & bonsai...

Maybe 1500 years old or so.

The density in some of the Redwood forest is the greatest biomass density per hectare of any biotope. Much more than Rainforest, but not as much diversity.
The tallest, the oldest and the largest trees in the world all live here within a few hours drive in very different habitats.

Cork bark elm: Note, this tree has fattened up nicely this last year and has a nice moss cap on the soil/and base of the tree.
a8298ea4.jpg

The oldest trees: Note, these are at 11,500ft or 3500 meters. There are no other trees around, they cannot survive the colder temps that these can. the tree line is at about 2500 meters here, except for these species which appear at about 3000 meters and above here. Tough place to live.
oldwoodbristolcone4.jpg

This is the largest Bristlecone pine tree in the world:
largestbristolcone1.jpg

bristolcone1.jpg

The largest trees:

Sequoias Gigantes, viaje por Costa Oeste » Blog de viajes :: Pasaporteblog Blog de viajes :: Pasaporteblog
Sequoia Trip Planner | Plan Your Sequoia Trip

My old school mate works there as a ranger.

So we have everything from the hottest desert to the rainforest here, no tropical jungles, etc, but most everything else.
All within a day's drive. Not bad.
Well I live on a 25 square mile island with a max altitude of 400' so most of my hobbies are sea based but I also have a love for trees both large & small!

d4baf3e8.jpg

565e0aea.jpg

bonsia3.jpg

dff8cd6e.jpg

WOW PLANT BRAIN 1500 years old!!! thays truly amazing.. thats some pressure on you for keeping it alive :lol: I would love to go and vistit some of these. They are pretty damn cool :)

Jack, you should have a look around your own homeland, England has its own amazing trees too, some of our Yews can date back to 2000Bc & more!!!.
There are numerous yews that are reckoned to be over 4000 years old. check out Google for britain's famous trees... a fascinating hobby in it self.

Interesting hobbies and some great pictures there too. My hobbies pastimes in no particular order are weight lifting, boxing,kayaking,vw vans,making items ie chimneas from scrap,fish/planted aquariums, spending time helping others. ( I've noticed you call it pay it forward on here too). :) have had to slow down a lot in the last 12 mths due to ibs and back trouble but I'm not giving any of the things I enjoy up. Just have to rest more that's why I've got back into fisheeping.

Most recent A3 painted canvas...
ebuvuze8.jpg

Most recent design for a client wanting wedding invitations..
ypamuvag.jpg

Most recent ink illustrations for some cafes...
su9a4u7e.jpg

bymydeza.jpg

And my most recent sketch...
aru9yseq.jpg

And others...
nemyqeqa.jpg

Cheers :)

Most recent A3 painted canvas...
ebuvuze8.jpg

Most recent design for a client wanting wedding invitations..
ypamuvag.jpg

Most recent ink illustrations for some cafes...
su9a4u7e.jpg

bymydeza.jpg

And my most recent sketch...
aru9yseq.jpg

And others...
nemyqeqa.jpg

Cheers :)

Interesting hobbies and some great pictures there too. My hobbies pastimes in no particular order are weight lifting, boxing,cycling,fishing,kayaking,vw vans,making items ie chimneas from scrap,fish/planted aquariums, spending time helping others. ( I've noticed you call it pay it forward on here too). :) have had to slow down a lot in the last 12 mths due to ibs and back trouble but I'm not giving any of the things I enjoy up. Just have to rest more that's why I've got back into fisheeping.
Cool I have been weight training most of my life but also suffer restrictions nowadays!
Love art! I cant match your graphics though!

Back