• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

TMC V2 Refillable system

hotweldfire

Anyone use this refillable bottle with the two gauge reg? You know, the silver one with this reg:

http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/tmc- ... r-pro.html

If so, could you let me know ...

a) can you adjust the working pressure on it? I want to run an inline diffuser
b) what's the exact height with the reg fitted?

I am struggling to find a bottle and reg to fit into the shelf under my tank. This is as close as I've got:

8242023851_239d9d5af7.jpg
2012-11-3_23.19.50 by hotweldfire, on Flickr

but as you can see it's really tight. Bottle was kindly lent to me to check this out but I can't judge without the reg.

Any help would be much appreciated. Also, I should flag that I'm not happy lying a bottle on its side. Heard too many alarming things about what might happen.

Alternatively, any short stubby alternatives out there (not nano kits)?

I will measure the total height for you when i get in.

But i will guess there is another 10cm on top of bottle for reg.

Is the working pressure adjustable? Its not meant to be the TMC V2 is a set pressure, that being said there is a thread somewhere showing how this can be altered :)

I own two, and if you havent bought one yet, DONT

OK, that's pretty clear advice :lol: Thanks.

tim said:
How much room do you have there mate I can measure my jbl with welding gas setup if you'd like :thumbup:

Thanks Tim but I'm almost certain a welding bottle won't fit. I think those are the same as the disposable JBL or DD bottles (probably exactly the same bottles but half the price) and those are too tall for the shelf. Will measure up and post in the next couple of days though.

krazypara3165 said:
it looks like you will be hard pressed to get any non-nano tank and regulators in there, if your planning on co2 becomming a permanent fixture would it not be easier taking the shelf out? or cutting it so a bottle fits in?

Yes it would. Until my wife found out. Then it wouldn't.

The TMC setup won't fit. I own it and the reg is too big to fit mate. How about looking at some of the up aqua or waterplant co2 bottles, I'm sure they do a short but fat one.

hope no one minds me jumping in here, couldnt you make a cage or use one that the small fire extings sit in. all you would have to do is screw a piece of wood under the shelf where the holes wont be seen then screw the cage to it. or modify a cycle wire bottle cage. it will sit infront of shelf but no visible damage to shelf. or the not so nice way of hole cutting thriugh the shelf and a thin bit of ply under hole then sit bottle in hole.

8329272161_6512fe01d2.jpg

my setup is 398 mm mate that includes the bike drinks bottle cage i use for a stand the gas bottle are curved base so you need something to stand them in i use the 600g bottles both are the same size the 390g just cost a couple of quid less hope this helps mate :thumbup:

Back