• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Siamese Fighter Tank

johnny70

This is a tank I setup for my OH, she has a soft spot for Fighters that are looking poorly when she visits the aquatic shops with me, so rather than have many little tanks, we asked Wharf Aquatics to build us something suitable for a space we had, so they came up with this for us, its been divided into for used drilled perspex, filtration is 2 large 100ltr Huey Hung air driven filters, lighting is 2x24 T5 over tank luminaire, substrate of eco complete. daily dry salts and easycarbo, temp at 27c for them. 24x12x12"

The Fighter are ALL very happy, they love their new home, all which were mall nourished or nipped are now just about back in tip top condition. Some may say the tanks are too small but I find that this is more than enough for them to thrive.

Jo likes it so much she wants another :wideyed:

Fighter_tank_5890.jpg

Tank1_5891.jpg

Tank2_5892.jpg

Tank3_5893.jpg

Tank4_5894.jpg

IMG_6085.jpg

Betta_6549.jpg

Merlin_5874.jpg

Merlin_5867.jpg

IMG_6070.jpg

IMG_6054.jpg

IMG_6041.jpg

IMG_6023.jpg

Delta_5819.jpg

Delta_5817.jpg

Delta_5811.jpg

Delta_5805.jpg

Delta_5798.jpg

Al_5910.jpg

Al_5901.jpg

Al_5841.jpg

Al_4830.jpg

Al_4847.jpg

Al_4865.jpg

Al_4867.jpg

Cheers,
JOHNNY

That looks great :) better hide this from the girlfriend too hehe she just brought a red betta for my tank which I am not keen on! Guess I will have to find space for another Rekord 60 and get some bettas, have to show her this setup ;)

How long have you add this setup for? going to breed any? keep us posted :)

Its been setup 3weeks I think, not very long, I have used mature sponges that I had been using on other tanks and water from the fighters individual tanks too

JOHNNY

Hi,
Just got a word for you....

Beautiful!!!

Never thought it could look so neat...

Regards,
Joe Faria

I'm having some issue's removing detritus from the substrate, I have 2 100ltr Huey Hung filters doing the filtering but i doesn't seem to want to shift all the detritus on the surface of the eco complete, I have been manually gravel vacuming each compartment but it just seems to carry on. there is no problem with biological filtration, all ammonia and nitrite are 0 .

My only other thought is to put a aquaball in each compartment and see how that does, I really dont want to do that though.

Any thoughts?

JOHNNY

ah yeah, good one, never crossed my mind that, thanks Lisa :)

JOHNNY

quick update on the tank, unfortunately we have suffered some type of bacterial infection or TB or something else unknown, we lost all the fighters in here in under 48 hours. pretty gutted to be honest, I know fighters aren't everyones cup of tea, but these were all rescued from poor LFS. at least they had a good life for the short time we had them

so not sure what we will do with this tank know :?

Back