• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Coventry

s1chris

Hello all, well I'm Chris from Coventry. I am far from new to tropical fish keeping and have been in the hobby since about the age of 13 (now 29). What I am new to is keeping any sort of aquatic plant alive and well. I have a 1000l tropical set up which is currently scaped with plastic plants, bog wood and rocks. I'm limited with live stock choice and pretty much am stuck with what I have got. Anyway I will be starting my low tech set up over the coming weeks.

Cheers Chris

Welcome to UKAPS Chris :)

Post a photo of that 1000l ;) and don't forget a journal of the low tech when you get it going, in the mean time have a read and post any questions you need answered ;)

Welcome aboard Chris, you are not that far from me then... I'm near Hinckley :)

Hello Gary, yeah not to far. I used to got college in Hinkley and have a couple of friends which live close to deepblue aquatics. What do you think of A5 aquatics now days? I was in there at the weekend and can't believe his prices! I've not had any tropical livestock from him for a while as i think they were infamous for poor quality but I did have a few koi for my pond this summer and they really have been excellent.

Cheers Chris

Hello Gary, yeah not to far. I used to got college in Hinkley and have a couple of friends which live close to deepblue aquatics. What do you think of A5 aquatics now days? I was in there at the weekend and can't believe his prices! I've not had any tropical livestock from him for a while as i think they were infamous for poor quality but I did have a few koi for my pond this summer and they really have been excellent.

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris, yes I use A5 aquatics quite a bit, to be honest I've had a few fish from them and always found them great, no problems - I did also hear some bad reports though years ago too... but as said no problems with fish that I've had off them in the last 2 years, I don't use them for plants though.
Anyway I will be looking forward to seeing some pics of your tank soon :thumbup:

Back