• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ikea LED lamp for dawn / dusk

DTL

Just picked this up today to see how it would work as a dawn / dusk light to save spooking the fish since it's dark outside before lights on these days. Really like the effect.
Ok for £10 I think

lampu.jpg

When they first came out oli knott was growing a low light scape with a pair of these. Would be interesting to know just how much Par the ikea led range is putting out because they could be very cost effective!

e3edebuz.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the exact one Oliver knots did but came up after a little look around.

Off topic, but I never seem to see any Oliver knots stuff in stores or journals any more :/ did he ever bring out his own fertilisers?

That's one of them, yeah, there was a few around the same time.
I don't think he ever did, he's working with Anubias now isn't he?

Nice. I was in ikea yesterday and got some strip LEDs for under the kitchen cupboards. £11 for 3 strips Assembling to 75cm but you can add more strips for extra length. Work well in the kitchen. Was thinking about getting a set to go my tank hood for a dawn/dusk setting. Will be now I've seen this!

LEDBERG LED 3-piece lighting strip set - IKEA

@garuf - I didn't know he was doing stuff with them, his thumbs up pic on the front of the bag will go down in history for sure!

@sam - that's cheap! I wonder I you did like 80quid on them and built a nicelittle enclosure if they would be regarded as 'good' or 'high' light? With the tmc products coming it at around 150-200 for a nano set up, might be worth it.

There's a member on ASW who I think post here too who is using those over a fluval edge and seems to be getting good results. If I'd a par metre I'd happily do the tests!

Oh man, that picture, do you think he regrets it?

Hmmm I was going to say he was a very 'odd' scaper haha. Didn't think much of his style tbh.
There's tons of people on here with much better portfolios then him....
He just marketed him self well i guess.

Some I really like, some I think is guff, even the best have poor scapes though, I love FAAO's traditional scapes and think he's honestly one of the best there is in that field but then there's all the tacky tree scapes... It's all personal ultimately. Some people are more critical. others less so, it's the way of the world everyone has their own notions of what's good.

Bit of a digression, sorry DTL.

Nice. I was in ikea yesterday and got some strip LEDs for under the kitchen cupboards. £11 for 3 strips Assembling to 75cm but you can add more strips for extra length. Work well in the kitchen. Was thinking about getting a set to go my tank hood for a dawn/dusk setting. Will be now I've seen this!

LEDBERG LED 3-piece lighting strip set - IKEA

Yes, took a good look at these too. Would def work inside a lid.
I like the rippling effect from this light.

Took a few more frames after lights out tonight: Not great quality:rolleyes:

Back