• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Feedback on Forum Upgrade

Seems to have gone back to normal now Paulo, did you do anything?
or was it a result of me closing safari by double clicking the 'back' Button on iPad and closing application?
cheers,
Someone mentioned something on the xenforo site something to do with how the iPads handle cached info.

You will only see it if you type some content in reply box, if you leave it empty then its grayed out, as you type you will see the words "draft saved" blinking on the bar at the footer of the reply box. Once the draft its saved the recovery of text will be possible and the last icon on the first row will become green.
i think i understand what you mean...it just appears that this function is not working for me. Is it a forum feature, or could the computer/ipad/iphones i use not facilitate?or do i have a setting wrong somewhere?
There is no message of 'draft saved' comes up in the footer. Also are we talking about the light blue 'redo' arrow in the top of the reply box as the recovery of text button, as this never goes dark blue or becomes active (the 'undo' arrow does) or is there supposed to be another? The only other icon i have in the first row at the top right is 'use BB Code Editor' which im guessing isnt it, even though i dont know what that is for either....
sorry for being computer illiterate!
but i would like to be able to use the feature as i often find i have to rewrite replies as i go off and search for stuff, then come back to a blank reply box which i cant recover what ive previously written!
Cheers,
Ady.

Is it a forum feature, or could the computer/ipad/iphones i use not facilitate?or do i have a setting wrong somewhere?
It will only work on a desktop. I will capture some screen shots later on to display this.

It will only work on a desktop. I will capture some screen shots later on to display this.
thanks Paulo that will be good although I was using my desktop earlier and still wasn't working :confused:

thanks Paulo that will be good although I was using my desktop earlier and still wasn't working
It was an issue with the permissions, I created a new group for members with more than 25 posts to sort out the issues with members with less seeing the sales area and did not set the right permissions for the two new buttons I added.

You should see them now, when you first start the button will be grayed out:

capture01v.png

Once you type some text it will change colour and blink draft saved on the bar at the bottom:

capture02v.png

When its active you can move to other threads, you can move between pages and you can always recover the content, you can move to another page, type some more, move to the next, and recover and carry on typing. I set the timer to 60 minutes, this can be changed.

You can even quote some text on a message, then start a Conversation (PM) and recover it there, no need to copy and paste.

Ahh yes they are there now thanks.....thought I was going crazy! all is working now :thumbup:

All you need to do is click on the last icon of the first row to retrieve the content, it remembers it for an hour. you can browse away to other posts, you can move to the next page, you can always retrieve it.

i wish i knew this a few days ago, man i was raging after typing, adding links and pics and it all disappearing!!

Maybe you could start a closed thread with a 'tip of the week' kind of thing....

Maybe you could start a closed thread with a 'tip of the week' kind of thing....
Need to put all this features into a single thread called "Did you know about?" ;) or something like that!

Is it possible to make ukaps light a bit less, y'know, light? I know there's not much in it between here and asw but I feel snow blind after a short while on the new theme, it seems much brighter?
There is a Dark theme Garuf, have you tried that?

No pleasing some people hey ;) Need to create a medium theme! lol
or people could adjust the brightness on their screens if using a monitor, iPhone or such?

I use the settings that are best for my monitor to get best colour matching between PS and reality, bit of a waste of time to keep changing it all the time. :rolleyes:

I use the settings that are best for my monitor to get best colour matching between PS and reality, bit of a waste of time to keep changing it all the time. :rolleyes:
yeah I appreciate that bud, wasn't trying to sound clever, it would be a pita to constantly alter settings.

Personally think the new forum looks the biz taking me a while to get used to but hey I'm a technophobe appreciate your hard work
Many thanks :)

Hey paulo,
Noticed message fault on tapatalk, so dont know if its a forum or tapatalk itself issue.

But when I get a new message off someone, more often then not, i'll click on the 'convo' and nothing shows as to their reply. This is then rectified by 'double clicking back button' on iphone and shutting down tapatalk app and rebooting tapatalk itself.

Not majorly bothered by it, but thought Sharing is caring :)

Back