• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Heating & Lighting

dean

I'm looking at attempting an emmersed bowl, it will be in the bedroom and I like my bedroom cool so usually the radiator is turned off and the window is open, so what's the best way to keep a bowl warm? I was going to use an LED lamp that's only 3watts but bright as hell, but this will not give off any heat
What's your thoughts?

Hi all,
You can get heated mats from garden centers for keeping seed trays warm, not sure that would be man enough for the job though
I've got a couple of these and they work pretty well. The ones with thermostats are more expensive.

The ones I've got were from Biogreen (with the TER 2/GB thermostat), but if I bought some more I wouldn't bother with the thermostat, and either just use a time switch or use a cheaper mat and thermostat like "HABISTAT" ones they sell for vivariums.

cheers Darrel

I'm looking at attempting an emmersed bowl, it will be in the bedroom and I like my bedroom cool so usually the radiator is turned off and the window is open, so what's the best way to keep a bowl warm? I was going to use an LED lamp that's only 3watts but bright as hell, but this will not give off any heat
What's your thoughts?

My apologies for straying from the topic but ,,,what are the fish in your avatar?

How essential is the heat part people? I'm thinking the same but my wide bowl vase would not got any sort of benefit from a heat mat due to the shape..?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

reptile heat mats under the tank work well as Darrel mentioned, fairly cheap too.
They work very well under tanks but can you think of anything that would help a wabi kusa style growth ? Vase shaped.. I had never heard of heating it as such till now..

Dean I think a heat write would be a solution if needed. I guess u could coil it round the inside of the bowl your self too?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back