• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60l Kitchen tank

Mrmikey

Having moved to london I thought it was time to set up my 60l again. I have built a stand for it, its quite low but did it for aesthetic reasons but it turned out ok-ish.

I spent a few hours yesterday setting it up tying moss and arranging hardscape (I had to work with what i had ). I have done all the hard scaping however one bit of wood has floated to the top. hopefully this will have sunk by monday when my plants from GM have turned up.

Id love some glassware to finish it off but that might just have to wait. My tank is only 30cm deep and im running a ehiem with 17mm tubes. Is there a glass inlet that is only 15cm long??

Anyway here is a picture off my new camera which i haven't figure out yet but it looks ok... Idont have a clue why it makes the walls look blue.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

ive tried inserting link for the picture but i keep getting a blue question mark, any help and ill try and change it

Copy the 'direct link' info from imageshack & hit the 'insert/edit image' button on a new post here.Paste the link.

dsc0113ko.jpg

Nice look BTW

Thanks for the tip I did copy and past the link from image shack but it didnt seem to work.

Yes I plan on keeping it fairly minimal just using moss and grasses and maybe some sort of stem plant. I've ordered some plants but not really sure how they will work till they get here.

The wood is manzy, I went for thin wood as I've always liked it in other scrapes I've seen.

Thanks raven, I kind like it but I've just set up my filter and it's getting blown around. I haven't thought about the stock yet. I will have some cherry shrimp and Id like a few pigmy corys but that's about it? Any suggestions welcome

Thanks Danny it's actually 26inchs x 15 x 15. Glad you like it I was hoping to get that sense of scale.
I should point out the pebbles will be covered in more Xmas moss and some weeping.

I saw it was 60L but initially thought it was meant to be 600L lol Maybe it is me but it looks like a 5ft scape lol Perhaps because most manzi I have seen is quite big and all similar looking woods are.

I really need to do something with my 2ft planted lol it has been neglected for too long now!

600l I now that would be fun, dont think i have the skills needed or time to even attempt something like that but would be nice.

Im still waiting for my plants to arrive, I think GM are having a nightmare with royal mail hopefully they will be here by the weekend. I think i over ordered so watch out for some spares or even fully potted bargains.

Im going to order some glassware, The green eheim stuff just looks terrible!

ok as for fish this is what im thinking so far... 2 cherry, 2 ottos, 3 neon and I dont know if it is possible to keep these but i love clown killifish.

would they be ok in co2 enriched tank and just normal tap water? or do i need RO water? anybody kept them?

I'd ask member Killi69, they know everything Killi and have a journal currently running.

Thanks for the advice ill drop him a line to see wether it's feasible.

Cheers jack ;) can't wait to get it planted and eventually some livestock.

well the plants finally turned up after a bit of a mix up.

So i spent last night planting it up and tying moss. I think it looks ok but think it needs some sort of stem or even japonica blyxa ? especially behind the tallest moss rock on the right.

tankweek1.jpg

on the whole I think its ok.

There is algae on the wood already but hoping my ottos will nibble it off.

Ive just added my fish but im not shore i should have got the cardinals they are a little boring. the one fish you can see is my cherry ive had for years.

well things aren't going to well but im pretty sure i know why. I set it up in the kitchen and its under a glass roof and as a result it has every type of algae known to man. I've had co2 on max, easycarbo and good flow but still its not enough and i may have to move it. its a mess.

Here is the kitchen roof so you can see what im on about

img2653m.jpg

Is there anyone who has a successful tank in the same sort of position or am i onto a losing battle?
img2654wv.jpg

M

Back