• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Waterlife PH Buffer and Shrimp

Matnez

Just wondering if anyone has used this product with shrimp and what the out come was???

I ask this question because I have been using it and now I'm experiencing under active cherry shrimp that have in the last week been having moulting issues. I wondering if the two things are linked.

Thanks,

Matt

I'm not very experienced with shrimp to be honest Matt, but i have used this buffer before. You might find that your water is lacking in calcium as this buffer causes it to precipitate out, which is the cloudiness that you get when you add it to your tank. Might not be relevant, just a thought :)

I think this is the problem. I found out today that I live in a soft water area so I think adding the buffer is removing what little calcium I have in the water.

I have stopped using it and have added a small amount of cuttlebone to the tank. I will monitor the shrimps behaviour and fingers crossed they will get back to normal.

Thanks for your input AndyOx, it is appreciated.

Matt

Back