• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Brown Algae

IMG_2502 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
8357635137_3031ce74f0_z.jpg

Please help and turn all these images in line .... Let me know how you do it

Hi Guys,

After partial black out, 60% water change and hard scrubbing most of the algae are gone.

So im going to start with 4 hrs of 2X T5 bulbs and Aquashade by Ferka. Hope things will be better with this set up.

Now im planning to add few Crypta and Vallisneria. Do you think its right for me to go ahead with adding plants now. Please advise.

Go for it! Things are good when we aim to plant 60-80 percent of our tanks :) I don't actually know why we only stop at 80 percent! I just read that in a dennerle book :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

So im going to start with 4 hrs of 2X T5 bulbs and Aquashade by Ferka. Hope things will be better with this set up.
It would be better to start with 1X T5 for 6-8 hours and to dose 3X the amount of Ferka suggested on the bottle. Also, continue to perform more 60% water changes and do that as often as possible Generally you don't need to do that on a non-CO2 tank but you are trying to cure an algae problem so that takes precedence.

Add any amount of plants you want, but keep the lighting low because those new plants were grown in air, and now you are flooding them. Do not make their lives more miserable by attacking them with Star Wars light sabers.

Cheers,

It would be better to start with 1X T5 for 6-8 hours and to dose 3X the amount of Ferka suggested on the bottle. Also, continue to perform more 60% water changes and do that as often as possible Generally you don't need to do that on a non-CO2 tank but you are trying to cure an algae problem so that takes precedence.

Add any amount of plants you want, but keep the lighting low because those new plants were grown in air, and now you are flooding them. Do not make their lives more miserable by attacking them with Star Wars light sabers.

Cheers,

Thank you ceg, i will do as you said. Will update a picture of the tank at this present state, after blackout and water change as soon as possible.

Can i even go for carpeting plants in my set up ??

Hi Dinesh,
Yes, there are some carpet plants that folks have had success with non-CO2, P. helferi, E. tennelus and even Staurogyne sp. Patience is needed though, due to slow growth - or buy a lot of plant mass to fill the space....

Cheers,

Hi Dinesh,
Yes, there are some carpet plants that folks have had success with non-CO2, P. helferi, E. tennelus and even Staurogyne sp. Patience is needed though, due to slow growth - or buy a lot of plant mass to fill the space....

Cheers,

Hi Ceg,

I would definitely wait for the carpeting plants to grow and cover the tank. The whole reason for setting a planted tank is to understand the different happenings that take place each day and to look at each development.. Waiting to see the change each day is a nice feeling.

I think ill go with Staurogyne sp along with crypts and vallisneria in my next planting.

Go for it! Things are good when we aim to plant 60-80 percent of our tanks :) I don't actually know why we only stop at 80 percent! I just read that in a dennerle book :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Jack, Thats is a nice motivational post asking to go for more plants as im a beginner in this hobby. Will keep you posted with Post planting pictures soon.

You are not using the right link.

When I click on your link the image appears on Flickr, which indicates that the link is a webpage, not a direct jpg link.

If I move the cursor over the image on the page and right click I get an option to view the image in different sizes, i.e "medium 500" , "medium 640" and so forth.

If I left click "medium 640" it takes me to another page showing the image in that resolution (640 x480 pixels)

Now if I move the cursor over that image and right click I get an alternate menu, one of which is to copy the image location. That is the URL that is needed. Using that copy location and pasting it into our image insertion produces this:
8385412319_563bb0ec42_z.jpg

If I select a larger image size such as "medium 800", I can right click that image, select "copy image location" and paste it into the image link box to produce this:
8385412319_563bb0ec42_c.jpg

Also, you do not need to use different posts for different images. They can all be embedded in a single post. This makes it less tiresome to read and to write the thread.

8385404445_7b0dd05e6c_z.jpg

Cheers,

Thank you ceg... I will post my next pictures that way but its working already because i see the URL ending with .jpg

Nice room by the way. Loving the intricate detail on the door. Is that a marble floor? Class act mate. Slippery when wet though. Be careful.

Cheers,

What are your ides for my next planting ??
I would put something like Fissidens on the wood and some kind of other moss on the rocks. Also, you could mount some needle leaf fern in the crook of the wood which would add that third dimension to the planting. A nice crypt wendetii brown would change up the color scheme a bit as well.

Cheers,

Ceg, Thanks mate and yes the flooring is complete italian marble. Should be really careful when wet.

Back