• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

keeping a filter alive

nduli

guys

quick question, i am giving up on sorting my eheim 2028, can't seem to sort the o-ring issue out. unplugged the filter at 1am to ensure it didn't overflow the bucket when i came down in the am, i am very lucky as it was a mm or so off the top of the bucket when i came down phew.....

2 questions,

1) I am assuming it filled the bucket cause it carried on syphoning into the head unit even though i unplugged (I should have dosconnected the hoses) and not that the o-ring isn't at fault (if you get my drift).
2) how best to keep my media "alive" untill my replacement filter arives (all pond solutions 1400EF+). I was thinking of popping the top off and running an airstone into the filter, will that be enough?

Hope all your bacteria survives, and its all up and running soon. Is it the seal between the canister and head? If so have you tried tempory repair until New one arrives? Run some ptfe round with the seal and or some ducttape around the outside joint if there's room to get some on. It's worked for me until I could get a seal.

Back