• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Large tank ......need advice

Norihagafan

Seedling
I have been in the hobby for nearly 30 years, keeping mostly catfish, but I want to change and go for the planted look.

Tank dimensions are 3m x .6m x .76m

The tank has been completely stripped, so starting from scratch.

Filtration Oase Neptun 5000, with bucket filter.

Fish to go in will be tetras and possibly 2 or 3 plecs

OK that's it

Thanks in advance

:wideyed: that is one large tank, looking forward to this one, since my largest tank is 125l not really the person for the advice, but there are some here that will be able to help out, has one of our first batch of members from 2007 its nice to see you posting now :)

Would love to have a canvas that size to scape! It bugs me when a shoal of fish have to turn around, would love to see em keep swimming for once!

Yes sorry for the delay in posting, the cats have always taken priority. The cleaning has always been a problem, large plecs create a lot of waste. The bucket filter just about coped with all the mess, it got too much trying to keep the water quality right.

Before
b0012843.jpg

Now

dscf0011y.jpg

Awesome! I'm watching too. Are you on a meter? That a serious amount of water to be doing regular water changes I like the old set up with all that wood. :)

Will contact sanj, thanks.

No not on a meter, the wood was great, but having twenty plecs of various sizes created a LOT of waste. The gibbi in the pic was 26"

Back