• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Livebearers and baby shrimps....shrimplets if you will.

Ive got cherries breeding in my nano, which doesn't have mollies but does have a fair flow rate. Most probably get sucked into the filter but as TDI says some will probably fall between the plants into areas of relatively safety until they are big enough to fend for themselves.

FYI - I stated with around 15 cherries a few months ago. I counted at least 50 when I stripped the tank down a few weeks back ;) and I not have to feed them more than I feed the fish!

Sam

although there in with the fish you mentions and the plant cover you will get some that will escape being food and grow to be adults, but not as many if you had an invert only tank.

if your worried about them being sucked in to the fillter you can cover the intake with a sponge or put tights over it to cover it.

Is that also known as a bamboo shrimp?

I did have one and loved him but he got trapped against the heater and I rescued him but he didnt make it.

Love the way they filter stuff out of the water, will get another one when I can get to P@H

rock shrimp are also known as bamboo shrimp (which i have 2 of) along with other names. i wasnt refaring to them tough as was just saying that shrimp "rock" :lol:

if you can put a pile of gravel in the tank temporarily the baby shrimp will have something to hide in.. it needs to be very course to allow them between the stones but it will work pretty well. The babies will naturally seek out a safe hiding place. this might allow you more survivors.

Back