• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Teaser.

wazuck

Picked up my tank today. Best £8 I ever did spend. Did a quick mock up of the scape. Work in progress. Still needs the sand/gravel path and some rocks added to the mix. This took all of 5mins but you get the idea.
52848b98-95bf-1290.jpg

Now sit tight and wait for the update/journel.

Ok pick a light time! Which one you use on this 12x8x8inch 12ltr tank? Aquael 11w, dennerle 11w, fluval 11w, arcadia arc 11w, Arcadia eclipse 11w. Or go even higher wattage or lower. I'm not using co2 and minimum ferts. Choices!!

The fluval is nice. I like the fact it looks smart and is in black. The dennerle is in silver but I like the make and comes with an amazon sun bulb so would be nice seeing how the colour looks. I'm trying to stay away from the arc pod as its ugly but is the cheapest to buy at £10 used on eBay.

I noticed some scratches on the front glass so I swapped the scape over. Managed to improve the pathway while I was at it. I doubt you will be it with my top quality iPhone camera skills tho
5284efeb-6f89-1c91.jpg

Added the 9mm Lily's to see how they looked aswell. I'm happy!

I'm thinking about using a mini fern from eBay but it's £8 a pop. Looks like a tiny java fern but it should work will on part of the wood. Going to use Anubia petite and some moss Altho I'm not sure if I want to cover the wood as im liking the colour with the dark lines. I need a low light carpet. Might have to be moss unless someone has a better idea. And I have staurgyne repens I can add to the scape. Maybe in the back left corner. Thinking about some sort of stem in the back right.

Thanks. I took everything out and can't get it to look like that again. I'll get it sorted when the tank has been moved to its final home.

Actually it would have all been fine had I hadn't moved house. The tank was just emptied and thrown in a boot of a car. If I didn't have to make the move the tank would still be a lot like it was when I first set it up. Substrate supports work will just not enough for speedbumps :)

Back